Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 AM
jason2130

Default Red Dead Redemption

or... Grand Theft Auto: Wild West Edition would be more accurate description

anyone else get this the other day? i have it on PS3 if anyone wants to form a posse online

if ya havent played it yet, at this point i would tie it with san andreas as my favorite GTA type game, give it a few days to lose that new game stigma and it may change

guns, gambling, hunting, and just all out wild west with a online town setting to roam around and pretend your doc holiday.... whats not to love!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

It's definitely awesome. Rockstar delivered the goods with this game.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:16 AM
ufcfan2

I thought about picking it up,but picked up Darksiders instead just because it was on sale cheap....

*Darksiders Im not sure what to think its very identical to Gods of War and Dantes Inferno....
Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's definitely awesome. Rockstar delivered the goods with this game.
Single play 99% awesome, the Multiplayer is a bit broken lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Single play 99% awesome, the Multiplayer is a bit broken lol.
I've played the multiplayer a little bit, it seems cool, but kinda confusing to navigate at first.

Open world games like GTA are some of my favorite games, and I'm also a big western buff so this game is right up my alley. I like games that have a lot of replay value, and this game has that. You could literally explore the map for months and keep finding new and weird stuff to do.

I also love how you can basically walk the path you choose and try to be an upstanding citizen or just go total outlaw. The mini-games are great, and it's actually fun to play poker, horseshoes, blackjack, and dice, but then in an instant you can be back in the wilderness and go hunting in an atmosphere that rivals that of the Cabela's hunting games. The dialogue is great, the scenery is great, and the gameplay is great. This is easily one of the best games of 2010.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:01 AM
jason2130

Quote:
I've played the multiplayer a little bit, it seems cool, but kinda confusing to navigate at first.

Open world games like GTA are some of my favorite games, and I'm also a big western buff so this game is right up my alley. I like games that have a lot of replay value, and this game has that. You could literally explore the map for months and keep finding new and weird stuff to do.

I also love how you can basically walk the path you choose and try to be an upstanding citizen or just go total outlaw. The mini-games are great, and it's actually fun to play poker, horseshoes, blackjack, and dice, but then in an instant you can be back in the wilderness and go hunting in an atmosphere that rivals that of the Cabela's hunting games. The dialogue is great, the scenery is great, and the gameplay is great. This is easily one of the best games of 2010.
i keep switching back and forth with the multi and single, try to play single player as a good guy for the most part, but other than unlockable gear nothing last in multiplayer so hit a larger town and play outlaw for awhile online after you log off you keep the xp and stuff ya unlocked but neutral again when ya log back on later (well neutral to the game, players might remember you)

fun thing i found out after being a outlaw with $4000 bounty on my head, i left town and was hunting and a 12 man posse with dogs came after me

i cant get over all you can do, seems like every few mission ya find a new game to gamble on (finger fillet, and liars dice was a fun change) or a new side mission or challenge to play, and just wandering around is fun (i got ate by a bear with a name earlier)

highlight of my day though was when i gunned down a Rockstar employee in blackwater online, walked up behind him and he new what was coming cause he turned and drew but my sawed off didnt required much aim at that range
Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Just something I thought I would point out...

Obviously you can get all the cheat codes online, but if you buy the latest copy of the newspaper when it comes out, and READ it, you will get a lot of the phrases that are cheat codes, as well as hints for the story mode.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 AM
logrus

The open world is great because of the randomly generated world events. I can't help but ride on a guy asking to save his friend from being lynched. Funny story was I could not get the timing down on my first try. When I got the second chance was when a guys wife was about to be hung, I nailed that rope and head shotted them all dead.

You guys on the 360?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:56 AM
jason2130

Quote:
Just something I thought I would point out...

Obviously you can get all the cheat codes online, but if you buy the latest copy of the newspaper when it comes out, and READ it, you will get a lot of the phrases that are cheat codes, as well as hints for the story mode.
im worried to use the cheats since i read it perma locks achievments, not that they are important to finish the game, but my obsessive nature makes me spend time trying to complete as many as possible

im on ps3 version, i have a 360 but opted for the ps3 version due to the bonus exclusive content (extra outfit, and gang hideout to take over in single player and extra challenges online) and free online since i dont have xbox live
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130 View Post
im worried to use the cheats since i read it perma locks achievments, not that they are important to finish the game, but my obsessive nature makes me spend time trying to complete as many as possible

im on ps3 version, i have a 360 but opted for the ps3 version due to the bonus exclusive content (extra outfit, and gang hideout to take over in single player and extra challenges online) and free online since i dont have xbox live
It doesn't perma-lock anything, but you can't save while you use them.

In fact, the cheats are full of glitches. Most of the time when you turn the cheats on, they just turn themselves right off. It's kinda lame and weird.