Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Will Baby Jay ever just say.. "Damn he was better than me that night."???
Never

Of Course Penn is still Favoured. He reigned for a long time, is possibily the best pure skill in the world, and Frankie did not finish him first time. But he wont start losing cred until he fails again. If He wins people will write off Frankie as a fluke...but if Frankie should win again...people will begin to suggest the fault lies with Penn and within his home division, that might be a bother for him
Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

To quote Rich Franklin...

Quote:
When you lose a fight, you have to put things into perspective. I have always believed, given another chance, I could defeat anyone I had ever lost to, even someone who had defeated me twice. It was his night, he performed well, and I did not. After a fight I wipe the slate clean. It is a new opponent, a new night, a different training regiment...and the past will not predict the future. This is the mentality you must have if you want to be a champion. Defeat leads to doubt and doubt leads to defeat. This is a vicious cycle that can be very difficult to break once it begins.
If Baby Jay could do something of this nature.. maybe I would like him.. not that he is losing sleep over me not being a fan of his.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Rev

I dont care what you or anyone else says about BJ. I saw with my own eyes BJ in an interview say,"congrats to Frankie, he was the better man tonight." the night of the fight on his website. cry all you want noone cares, BJ beat GSP in the first fight and even GSP knows it.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 PM

It seems to me that B.J. Penn is a fighter who requires a lot of motivation to put in an intense training camp. If he is motivated - whether by revenge, humiliation, a championship belt, pride, etc. - he is unbeatable. If there is not a motivating factor he tends to undertrain and rely on his natural talents. At the UFC level, even someone as great as B.J. Penn can not rely strictly on talent. I see him being very motivated by the loss to Edgar and coming back to regain the title in the next fight.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I dont care what you or anyone else says about BJ. I saw with my own eyes BJ in an interview say,"congrats to Frankie, he was the better man tonight." the night of the fight on his website. cry all you want noone cares, BJ beat GSP in the first fight and even GSP knows it.
GSP beat Baby Jay..I know it.. you know it.. the judges knew it.. and even the record books know it..

Baby Jay vs GSP...= Baby Jay.. more excuses...

Now plea don't misunderstand me.. GSP got beat up on.. and if I remember correctly.. GSP had received an accidental eye poke.. Baby Jay is great.. when he wins...
But Baby Jay needs to stay in his 155 playground... to keep winning.. I mean Baby Jay is AWSOME!!!! at 155.. he is the GREATEST LW in the whole freaking.... oh wait....

Your NEW Lightweight Champion.. Frankie.. Edgar......
Let me go back....
(5 minute delay)..

Yep Frankie has the Bling.. Baby Jay has the reason why he lost...

"Just Scrap"... heh.. Just Come Up with a new Excuse...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:

you have clip of that video??

I will look through my DVR to see if I still have it..

Don't remember seeing that on his website...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
GSP beat Baby Jay..I know it.. you know it.. the judges knew it.. and even the record books know it..

Baby Jay vs GSP...= Baby Jay.. more excuses...

Now plea don't misunderstand me.. GSP got beat up on.. and if I remember correctly.. GSP had received an accidental eye poke.. Baby Jay is great.. when he wins...
But Baby Jay needs to stay in his 155 playground... to keep winning.. I mean Baby Jay is AWSOME!!!! at 155.. he is the GREATEST LW in the whole freaking.... oh wait....

Your NEW Lightweight Champion.. Frankie.. Edgar......
Let me go back....
(5 minute delay)..

Yep Frankie has the Bling.. Baby Jay has the reason why he lost...

"Just Scrap"... heh.. Just Come Up with a new Excuse...
Did BJ Penn personally offend you SpiritWalker? Many fights that go to decision people don't agree with, but yes, on the record books, BJ lost the first fight to GSP. When Serra beat GSP do you think people considered him the best WW in the world? I sure didn't, just like I don't consider Frankie the best LW in the world, it's still Penn. If Frankie wins the next match then that will change, but so far I have not seen anything that would make me put Frankie over Penn(I scored the fight in Favor of Penn 3 rounds to 2)
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
It seems to me that B.J. Penn is a fighter who requires a lot of motivation to put in an intense training camp. If he is motivated - whether by revenge, humiliation, a championship belt, pride, etc. - he is unbeatable. If there is not a motivating factor he tends to undertrain and rely on his natural talents. At the UFC level, even someone as great as B.J. Penn can not rely strictly on talent. I see him being very motivated by the loss to Edgar and coming back to regain the title in the next fight.
I agree with this, in the past he wasn't dedicated like he should have, and people still suspect his desire. I don't think you can specifically blame it on conditioning in the Hughes fight, who knows if he would of gassed or not if he hadn't injured his Rib. In the Edgar fight, he didn't look himself at all, he didn't seem energetic from the start, so I doubt that was conditioning, and more likely something else(as his camp mentioned him being sick). We will see if BJ brings it, regardless if he has any injuries/sickness, he needs to win this next fight vs Edgar to erase the doubts(dominating him would help too!)
Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Tell it Rev!!! Truth be told.. The sad thing is there will always be BJ haters that are afraid of the truth!!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Did BJ Penn personally offend you SpiritWalker? Many fights that go to decision people don't agree with, but yes, on the record books, BJ lost the first fight to GSP. When Serra beat GSP do you think people considered him the best WW in the world? I sure didn't, just like I don't consider Frankie the best LW in the world, it's still Penn. If Frankie wins the next match then that will change, but so far I have not seen anything that would make me put Frankie over Penn(I scored the fight in Favor of Penn 3 rounds to 2)

Offend me.. yes.. personally no...

From when he ran off on his UFC contract.. Having never defened the belt.. citing that there was no competition for him.. (No Competition?? What about the guy you just beat? A guy named Hughes?)...then to try sue the UFC so they coud not name a new WW champ.. (what a D-Bag thing to do..he wans't fighting in the UFC why should that have mattered? oh yea.. EGO)

Then he comes back to fight.. and brings his OLD belt to the cage.. and wears "The Real Champ" (something to that effect) t-shirt to the cage.. He hadn't been in the UFC for 2 years at the time...

He loses that fight.. then loses to Matt..

It's not that he lost.. EVERYONE is going to lose sooner or later..

But EVERY SINGLE TIME.. (UFC wise)... He has an excuse.. If Baby Jay woudl just say .. "man.. I got owned".. I would give him some respect... But first is was ...

No Defense of the belt..
I won the fight.. look at his face...
I broke ribs...
Greasegate
and the last...
"Not feeling well"..

IMO.. a real champ.. doesn't need to make excuses. His actions speak for them.

I just find it laughable that he always says..

"Born to fight..." and "Just Scrap"..

But quits fights.. and complains as to why he lost.

Hell.. if he had a backbone.. do you think he would have let his mom yell at the NSAC for him in regards to greasegate?

Baby Jay fights great.
Baby Jay has no heart.