Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Him and his team have said that ... Read the first post

That's not the point...

If I fought Matt.. I would lose.. sure.. but I wouldn't use me breaking my ribs as an excuse.. "Damn... he beat the snot out of me.. I even broke some ribs during that fight..." would be about the most I would say.. not that "I would have won had I not broks some ribs"

He just always has a reason for losing.. not that he got beat.. it's "something"..that caused him to get beat.

He lost that first fight GSP.. not by a lot.. but he did lose it..
Eh, I heard Dana White say it, maybe BJ got asked about it after?
Either way, Frankie is NOT a better fighter than BJ, any MMA fan knows that.
Sometimes there is a reason you lost.
You can call it an excuse, but sometimes there is a reason you lost,
a loss isn't ALWAYS because the other guy is better.
Sorry, thats not how it works.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
BJ's camp brought it up about a day or so after the fights. One of his brothers, I beleive. Can't remember the exact timeline right now, though.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
BJ's camp brought it up about a day or so after the fights. One of his brothers, I beleive. Can't remember the exact timeline right now, though.
Prolly the one that quit for him in the GSP fight..

What a great guy to have on your team.. really has your back!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Frankie was the better fighter that night.. definitely. When/If Fankie wins a second time what does that mean??

I understand that there are reasons to lose in any comptetion. A conversation all the way to a fight.. but Baby Jay has a reason for every time he loses.. other than .. the guy beat me.

To me that is the height of a poor loser.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Frankie was the better fighter that night.. definitely. When/If Fankie wins a second time what does that mean??

I understand that there are reasons to lose in any comptetion. A conversation all the way to a fight.. but Baby Jay has a reason for every time he loses.. other than .. the guy beat me.

Frankie was better against a sick, half assed BJ.
That doesn't make him better than BJ.
*IF* he manages to beat BJ again, maybe I will eat my words,
but I seriously doubt it.

IMO there is a reason he loses at LW every time,
because IMO he is the best 155 lb fighter on earth.
Nobody at 155 beats BJ in top form, nobody.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Frankie was better against a sick, half assed BJ.
That doesn't make him better than BJ.
*IF* he manages to beat BJ again, maybe I will eat my words,
but I seriously doubt it.

IMO there is a reason he loses at LW every time,
because IMO he is the best 155 lb fighter on earth.
Nobody at 155 beats BJ in top form, nobody.

So if Baby Jay loses again.. and says.. something to the effect of "I had a fracuted skull..."

You will keep up this *cheerleading*?

Don't get me wrong.. he is a great fighter.. and I chose those words on purpose...

But I would consider him a great person if he was honest with himself.

And wasn't it Matt that said.. If you never lose.. your not fighting the right people?

That was awe inspring to me.. cause at the time I had just suffered my first losing campaign..maybe a few months earlier.. but man losing sucks.. but it's very easy to blame it on someone/thing else..
Old 05-21-2010, 10:42 PM
eric84

Quote:
So if Baby Jay loses again.. and says.. something to the effect of "I had a fracuted skull..."

You will keep up this *cheerleading*?

Don't get me wrong.. he is a great fighter.. and I chose those words on purpose...

But I would consider him a great person if he was honest with himself.

And wasn't it Matt that said.. If you never lose.. your not fighting the right people?

That was awe inspring to me.. cause at the time I had just suffered my first losing campaign..maybe a few months earlier.. but man losing sucks.. but it's very easy to blame it on someone/thing else..
Have you had to compete in an individual competition with any ailment/injury that severly restricts you performing to your full potential? If so, you would know how much of a factor something like that can be. Making up stuff is bs, but telling it how it really is, is HONEST(you wanted him to be honest right?). He did mess up his Rib, he really did feel like he beat GSP. One thing that makes alot of people dislike Hughes, and one of the reasons I like him, is that he is very blunt and honest.

Against Edgar - On interviews he has had nothing but congratulations for Edgar, never once(from all the things I've read and seen) has he had an excuse for it. I understand a member of his team said it, but he has even waved that off when asked about it.

Against Hughes - Good win for Hughes, but we may never know if the rib injury(its a fact there was one) was caused by Hughes, or was more of a freak thing.

Against GSP1 - It was a close fight, but what he said was true, did you see how bad he messed up GSP? Yes GSP gets red very easily, and BJ doesn't show much damage, but it wasn't even close. While GSP got the win, and you agree with it, that doesn't mean that many others feel BJ didn't win.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:50 AM

Like I said.. with Baby Jay... He will never lose cause he was beat.. he will always lose due to something that caused him to Not Win.

And yes I have had to fight not feeling up to par.. and I won 3 lost 1 that day.. and I was beat.. if I set up to fight... then I am ready.. or else I shouldn't have stepped up.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Blade

Quote:
Baby Jay has a reason for every time he loses.. other than .. the guy beat me.

There's nothing wrong with being a sore loser and nothing wrong with always having a reason for a loss. It's just the mindset of a world champion.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 PM
ufcfan2

Well, I do agree or think that BJ was sick when he fought Frankie and how much that played to his fight IDK?
Hopefully;when they fight again both guys will be 100% or darn close to it so there will be none of this 'excuse' game...I hope its an exciting fight and lives upto the billing as the first one or better.
I'll be rootin' for BJ,but won't be upset if Frankie wins again. Frankie seems like a good kid and think if he wins again he will do okay as champ(cause u know if he wins KenFlo is hungry for that title).
I just hope both guys show up in great shape and no injuries or any type of illness to take away a win/loss...