Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-19-2010, 03:44 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Yep.. he is with the Swiss now.

From Wiki...

So if the victim is forgiving the victimizer.. should the courts still follow through?
Yes, they should.

Just because she forgives him doesn't change the fact that he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Yep.. he is with the Swiss now.

From Wiki...

So if the victim is forgiving the victimizer.. should the courts still follow through?
Yes. He deserves to do the time for his crime. Her forgiveness has nothing to do with the debt he owes to society.

Take for example my kids, say my daughter hits my son. She apologizes and he forgives her. She still gets in trouble and her punishment is not decdided by my son whom she wronged. She needs to suffer the consequences of her actions. Same applies here. Polanski did wrong, he has to suffer the consequences.

Besides, a lot of rape/molestation victims go to therapy and feel that they become survivors and put it all behind them in order to move on with their lives in a healthy way. They don't want to rehash it all and go over it again and again. I feel her motivation for not wanting to prosecute has to do with that more than anything else.

~Amy
Old 05-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yes, they should.

Just because she forgives him doesn't change the fact that he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yes. He deserves to do the time for his crime. Her forgiveness has nothing to do with the debt he owes to society.

Take for example my kids, say my daughter hits my son. She apologizes and he forgives her. She still gets in trouble and her punishment is not decdided by my son whom she wronged. She needs to suffer the consequences of her actions. Same applies here. Polanski did wrong, he has to suffer the consequences.

Besides, a lot of rape/molestation victims go to therapy and feel that they become survivors and put it all behind them in order to move on with their lives in a healthy way. They don't want to rehash it all and go over it again and again. I feel her motivation for not wanting to prosecute has to do with that more than anything else.

~Amy
And this.

plus juan to each of you.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Stump Rules!

I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yes, they should.

http://stumpdotcom.com/