Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Barack Obama High School

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ck-obama-high/

you'll love this, Nate.

A Boulder High student group is pushing to rename the school after a hot new historic figure: Barack Obama.

“We initiate this campaign in order to honor the momentous achievement of his election as an African-American, inspire the community with his ideals of unity and hope, and reflect the progressive spirit that is shared by both Barack Obama and our school environment,” the Student Worker Club said in a press release today.

The group’s president, Ben Raderstorf, stressed in the statement that it scheduled a campus press conference to pitch the Obama High plan on Thursday, “the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth to commemorate both the role he had in making the election of Barack Obama possible and the social progress that has been made since he issued the emancipation proclamation.”
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Boulder students back off Barack Obama High School

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11690347
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Well, it's bound to happen. Here in Texas, we have schools named after our State Representatives. However, I would be very surprised if Texas ever has a school named in honor of Obama. Actually, I change that, because if it were proposed and any group decided against it, they would be called racist.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Well, it's bound to happen. Here in Texas, we have schools named after our State Representatives. However, I would be very surprised if Texas ever has a school named in honor of Obama. Actually, I change that, because if it were proposed and any group decided against it, they would be called racist.

I like the acronym for Obama!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

I think this is a great idea ... but i imagine everyone will want to change their school's name to OBAMA ... there will be plenty of these .. even in Texas .. LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
I like the acronym for Obama!
Thanks, got that in an e-mail today! Don't know how long I'll have it though. Jason16 won a sig bet against me. Just waiting for him to get me set up.