Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well thats a BIG assumption, thats wholly false

If Dan were to get seriously hurt because someone has not given him preparation that he needs (after already starting a camp) then I think they ultimately do shoulder some of the responsibility. Secondly...I outlined exactly how the camp could have avoided any repuccusions beyond the action itself...how is it that I can think of that and people who have day to day contact with the public sphere cant??? Its not rocket science JB...perhaps they didnt think he would go blabbing to the press...but thats something that doesnt exist in the British Psyche I'm afraid...we all know, if you actually want public pressure, you have to take it to the public.

The Press is used in England as a Giant Pressure machine on Businesses and insitutions and Government that would seek to do something wrong, or upset people, and assume that they will sit down, shut up, and live with it. Well, in this country, you cant get away with that. I admit if that point wasnt realized by the camp...then fair enough...but I would definately have factored that in. Even if Joe is wholly right and just. I would have asked myself, is it worth putting up with Dan a few weeks more, to lessen the impact should he decide to air his dirty laundry in public. I would have chosen YES...then we would have a boring thread in about three weeks time that says the Lauzon Brothers had split training with each other...We wouldnt have "He dumped me when I needed him most" shyte, which attracts unwanted attention if you happen to be Joe Lauzon.

The only assumption I made was that you sent that message to Joe's camp. If that is false, then that's fine. I don't have a problem with you or anybody having an opinion and voicing it, but my point was that if you are taking it upon yourself to write a message like that to Joe or his camp, then you are out of your element and should just leave it alone. Posting your opinion on a message board is one thing, but trying to directly inject your input to somebody involved a situation you have nothing to do with personally is just tasteless. It would be like me writing Tito Ortiz a letter to lecture him on his marriage.

As for the rest of your points, I agree with some of what you are saying, but I think you are blowing the whole thing way out of proportion and NO I don't think that Joe or his camp should or would ultimately shoulder the responsibility if Dan got hurt. I am SURE they would feel bad, as they would ANYTIME he got hurt, but to try and lay some sort of theoretical blame on them at this point is just strong-arm debating tactics to try and make your argument.

This is not England, and the press over here is a lot bigger, and a lot different. You are silly to assume that YOU think of these things and people who are in the public eye DON'T based on decisions you don't personally agree with. You are making it seem like this is some giant scandal that is going to permanently tarnish Joe Lauzon's career, and time will prove that you are wrong. Ultimately, nobody cares about Joe, or Dan Lauzon at this point, and if one of them ever really catches a break and becomes a huge star in the sport, nobody is gonna give two craps about this incident.

There is too much 2nd hand psycho-analysis going on in what you are saying for me to jump on board completely, but I do agree with some of the points you are making, such as "finish the job you started" and "making allowances for family".
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
1)The only assumption I made was that you sent that message to Joe's camp. If that is false, then that's fine.

2) You are making it seem like this is some giant scandal that is going to permanently tarnish Joe Lauzon's career, and time will prove that you are wrong. Ultimately, nobody cares about Joe, or Dan Lauzon at this point, and if one of them ever really catches a break and becomes a huge star in the sport, nobody is gonna give two craps about this incident.
1) thats fine...or your sorry

2) That depends on what happens in the fight more then anything and whatever else is said. For all you know This could be the start of what might become a main event fued within a year or two. You dont know...and quietness is always best...just incase it turns out to be extremely important later on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) thats fine...or your sorry

2) That depends on what happens in the fight more then anything and whatever else is said. For all you know This could be the start of what might become a main event fued within a year or two. You dont know...and quietness is always best...just incase it turns out to be extremely important later on.
1. I'm sorry. The only reason I assumed you wrote that to him was because I know you like to engage in discussion with the fighters, and that message's dialogue seemed like it was addressed to somebody personally. I also didn't read your response to Spiritwalker before I posted my last response, so I wasn't clear at that point. My bad.

2. The odds of this turning into a public feud that goes any further than some verbal jabs isn't really likely in my opinion. The UFC would be best to stay away from marketing a fight that is perceived as two brothers settling an argument. That's a step in the wrong direction if you ask me. I also don't see any scenarios playing out that has both Lauzon's being Main Event material at this point, but I will give you that much, we never REALLY know.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
1. I'm sorry. The only reason I assumed you wrote that to him was because I know you like to engage in discussion with the fighters, and that message's dialogue seemed like it was addressed to somebody personally. I also didn't read your response to Spiritwalker before I posted my last response, so I wasn't clear at that point. My bad.

2. The odds of this turning into a public feud that goes any further than some verbal jabs isn't really likely in my opinion. The UFC would be best to stay away from marketing a fight that is perceived as two brothers settling an argument. That's a step in the wrong direction if you ask me. I also don't see any scenarios playing out that has both Lauzon's being Main Event material at this point, but I will give you that much, we never REALLY know.
I like you JB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Bobby71
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dan will lose this fight and then I bet he gets the boot from the UFC. His best hope is to drop some wieght and fight in the WEC.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I like you JB
back at ya buddy!

even if we don't always agree and you live in Ricky Hatton land!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I also don't see any scenarios playing out that has both Lauzon's being Main Event material at this point
That would be kinda cool tho
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
That would be kinda cool tho
If they wanna go that route, they should have the Lauzon Brothers fight the Diaz brothers in a Tag-Match and then the winners can get beat up by the Hughes Brothers.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I didnt write that to him. I simply posted it here...I told you what I wrote to him. It was simply a question if he cared to put his side of the story forward, and he seems to have done that already.

Trust you to jump to a horrible conclusion

Well.. you are arrogant.. in a passive aggressive way. you have mentioned that you have talked to many fighters... so it seems logical..

You said that you told us what you wrote to him.. then you post that.. hmmmm...

That AND that you posted it in the semblance of you speaking to someone else and letting us know what you did. Such as copying an email..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 05-17-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
1. I'm sorry. The only reason I assumed you wrote that to him was because I know you like to engage in discussion with the fighters, and that message's dialogue seemed like it was addressed to somebody personally. I also didn't read your response to Spiritwalker before I posted my last response, so I wasn't clear at that point. My bad.

Looks like we are of like minds... today.. did hell freeze over and I was not told?
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.