Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Where will Lebron James play next season?
Cleveland 2 25.00%
New York 2 25.00%
Chicago 3 37.50%
New Jersey 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
When the Heat won the title, they did it with with basically just Wade, Shaq, and some low-level shooters. I would think that some veteran outside shooters would be willing to take league minimum or a just a little more to get on that squad.

All three of those guys warrant drawing the double team, and when you have two dynamic guys in James/Wade who can drive both sides of the lane and the constant threat of Bosh in the low-post, all it takes is a couple extra guys with some decent outside shooting to just tear defenses to shreds. This is the brain-child of Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade, and I personally think it's going to be a success. The only question I really have is HOW successful will they be?

Remember everybody, we may not even have basketball after this season...
What does this mean? And, why wouldn't we have basketball after this season?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Dan Gilbert is totally pissed at Lebron...

The Cavs help create this monster, and now....

If he really wanted to be uplifting to the people of Cleveland and his team and really make them believe they can make it without Lebron, I think he should have not put so much emphasis on the "bitter" and the "king".

They showed a "Lebron" jersey being fired up when the guys on ESPN were talking with Lebron after his big announcement. I understand people's disappointment, but I think doing that kind of stuff is stupid. And the owner's letter to the city and fans ain't going to help matters.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What does this mean? And, why wouldn't we have basketball after this season?
It means that each one of those players (Lebron/Wade/Bosh) are so good at scoring that most teams need to use two men to cover each of them, which is impossible with only 5 men on the court. Teams will likely be forced to work in some sort of "zone" defense to even try to contain all 3 of them at the same time, and even that not gonna work forever. That doesn't guarantee success though. There is always injuries to worry about, and a lot of it comes down to coaching too. It's one of the most interesting scenarios I can think of in all of sports for quite some time.

As for the second part, we may not have basketball after next season because the NBA and the Players Union have to hammer out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), and it's been looming for the last few years that the owners are fed up with getting bad returns on a lot of their investments. To be fair, that is largely their own fault for overpaying the wrong players in the first place, but on the other side of the coin the league actually LOST money last year. Then to top it all off, you have the giant media circus over this years free agency and Lebron James, so the owners feel like they need to rope the egos of the players back in. The feeling right now is that the owners are going to make some huge cuts that the players union isn't going to want to go for and we could end up seeing a lockout after next season. It happened in 1998-99 and the season ended up starting like 3 months late because they were haggling over the deal, some think this is going to be worse, but who knows at this point.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
If he really wanted to be uplifting to the people of Cleveland and his team and really make them believe they can make it without Lebron, I think he should have not put so much emphasis on the "bitter" and the "king".

They showed a "Lebron" jersey being fired up when the guys on ESPN were talking with Lebron after his big announcement. I understand people's disappointment, but I think doing that kind of stuff is stupid. And the owner's letter to the city and fans ain't going to help matters.
That city is cursed, and this is the most embarrassing moment in the history of the Cavaliers. If they can't even keep their own prodigal son, who is going to want to play there?

The fans are still in shock right now. Just wait until the Heat come to Cleveland next season, it should be right around the time the Browns are in suck mode too.... People will be going to jail, just watch.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Dan Gilbert is totally pissed at Lebron...

The Cavs help create this monster, and now....

LOL! Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Gilbert too, JB...
Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 AM

For Dan Gilbert ~

Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Cleveland's reaction to Lebron James leaving for Miami...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_QQ...layer_embedded
Old 07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I agree 100%. I hate the Knicks, & I don't even know why. I think it might have something to do with Spike Lee . . .
Word!! I can't stand that racist jerk either!!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Miss Foxy

I say bring it on!! All the Kobe/Laker haters are going to try to avenge their teams losses and honestly Lebron James is a diva!!! All his parties, rapping, and other nonsense arent gonna get him nor Miami nada!! Mark my words!!!