Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Nate has 2 wins since his last lost.
I don't care if the loss was by points, it was a loss fair and square.
He fought dirty, he paid the price.

Maia is 5 - 0 in the UFC, with 5 impressive submission wins.

It isn't like Nate's fight with Anderson was a war, or super close or something,
I don't see why people think he deserves a shot before Maia.
Thank you, thank you, thank you atomdanger!!!!!!! You hit the nail right on the head.

Saying that Marquardt gets a shot at the MW title before Maia is the same as saying that Rampage gets a shot at the LHW before Machida does.

Very similar circumstances. Rampage has one win since his last loss and Machida is 6-0 in the UFC, minus the impressive "crowd pleasing" wins.

Later.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
Thank you, thank you, thank you atomdanger!!!!!!! You hit the nail right on the head.

Saying that Marquardt gets a shot at the MW title before Maia is the same as saying that Rampage gets a shot at the LHW before Machida does.

Very similar circumstances. Rampage has one win since his last loss and Machida is 6-0 in the UFC, minus the impressive "crowd pleasing" wins.

Later.
And who has Maia fought? B level fighters. He needs to step it up before he gets a shot at Silva.

Nate vs Maia for the spot.

Nate TKOs him IMO.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound
And who has Maia fought? B level fighters. He needs to step it up before he gets a shot at Silva.

Nate TKOs him IMO.
Nate did beat 2 tough guys, but he really only put one away impressively.
He didn't look amazing against Wilson or anything, he backed up a lot,
and won because Wilson was completely gassed.

Maia has been putting people away.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM
atomdanger

Quote:

Later.

Yeah exactly, hopefully Rampage doesn't get a shot before Machida
Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Jason 16

Ill just repeat my self once more I did not make this thread to argue marquardt getting a title shot.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Dana already has Rampage lined up for the title shot if he beats Jardine.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:

Later.
differnce is Ramage was champ unlike marquardt and some people even question the decision in the firrest fight. Alot of people even wanted an immediate rematch between them. Compare that to Nate who got ran through in the first round by silva.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Nate did beat 2 tough guys, but he really only put one away impressively.
He didn't look amazing against Wilson or anything, he backed up a lot,
and won because Wilson was completely gassed.

Maia has been putting people away.

Nate finished a tough fighter and I think the end was pretty nice. I'm not even saying Nate should get it but Maia hasn't fought enough to warrant it. Nate vs Maia for the shot. Makes sense to me.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Nate finished a tough fighter and I think the end was pretty nice. I'm not even saying Nate should get it but Maia hasn't fought enough to warrant it. Nate vs Maia for the shot. Makes sense to me.
if it makes sense to you then it makes sense to me,,
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:

Nate TKOs him IMO.
Who has Machida fought?

Are you saying he's fought top caliber opponents?

He fought Tito Ortiz who doesn't care about fighting anymore, it's all about the business.

Rampage was the champ, and he lost; that's not an automatic qualifier to be in line for the title.....what happens should Jardine beat Rampage? Does Jardine then deserve the title shot because he beat the man that White/Silva thinks is the number one contender?

All I'm saying is that the same argument that's made for Machida fighting FOR the LHW title is virtually the same as Maia fighting FOR the MW title.

Later.