Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 05-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandshooter View Post
raised in the open bible churches wich are pentecostal.
"Open Bible Churches?" Is that supposed to imply that non-Pentecostal churches don't read the Bible?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:23 AM
DonnaMaria

Raised Roman Catholic.....of course.........

became Methodist in college........

now I'm Baptist........and dead to all my Sicilian relatives......
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Rev

Raised hardshell Baptist
shopped around seeking truth and "settled" with Southern Baptist but dont agree with every part of any denomination. Feel most comfortable with Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, and some pentecostal.

I am the Senior Pastor at Pine First Baptist Church in Pine Louisiana.
thats why "Rev"
Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Chuck

I've always attended Non-denominational churches and really don't see myself going anywhere else... I'm quite happy where I'm at.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
annamal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Raised Baptist. Started out Fundamentalist Baptist, then Southern Baptist, then Conservative Baptist. Now attend and am a member of a Presbyterian Church.
So what's the difference between all these different kinds of Baptists? Or Presbyterians or Assemblies of God?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
So what's the difference between all these different kinds of Baptists? Or Presbyterians or Assemblies of God?
Baptist differences are usually how many points of Calvinism they accept. SOuthern are typically 4 and otehrs are 5 point and some are free will. Presbyterians are reformed and they are 5 point calvinist. Assembly of God do not agree with Calvin in anything are completely free will and believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are in operation today and did not cease as most baptist believe. They all agre in the core doctrines of Jesus's death and resurection and his s