Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yes, and the Jardine fight was close too.



Good analysis, llamafighter, I hope you are right. Chuck is one of my favorites so it's hard to be objective but I believe he still has some good fights to win in the future.
I agree!! I have this soft spot for Chuck..!! I have none for Couture though..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Bobby71
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Look, I'm not saying it's Chuck's fault, he is a product of his time. At the time he was fighting the best 205ers that zuffa had under contract.

It's the same problem that Tito has. When people look back at his run they say he didn't beat anyone, but at the time he was champion he beat the best they had.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I agree!! I have this soft spot for Chuck..!! I have none for Couture though..
I like Rich too, I wish he would be fighting another opponent but I'm rooting for Chuck.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yes, and the Jardine fight was close too.



Good analysis, llamafighter, I hope you are right. Chuck is one of my favorites so it's hard to be objective but I believe he still has some good fights to win in the future.
That's my problem too
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Bobby71
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lets say Chuck goes out and gets ko'd by Rich. Does Dana let him fight again?

I'm not saying he will, I think this fight is almost 50 50.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Look, I'm not saying it's Chuck's fault, he is a product of his time. At the time he was fighting the best 205ers that zuffa had under contract.

It's the same problem that Tito has. When people look back at his run they say he didn't beat anyone, but at the time he was champion he beat the best they had.
Yeah Pride prevented alot of the big fights from happening. plus alot of the top guys now were on their way up.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Lets say Chuck goes out and gets ko'd by Rich. Does Dana let him fight again?

I'm not saying he will, I think this fight is almost 50 50.
Two strikers that throw unorthodox looping shots...this fight will not go out of the first round.
Chuck by KO

I imagine this would be a tough one for Matt to watch being friends with both guys.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
This is something a lot of people have been saying for a while.
Alistair overeem who knocked out badi hari last year isnt a good striker max?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 AM
Bobby71
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Alistair overeem who knocked out badi hari last year isnt a good striker max?
Chuck fought him pre-steriods,
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Alistair overeem who knocked out badi hari last year isnt a good striker max?
No he is, but Overeem has a history of gassing which if I remember correctly is what he did in that fight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.