Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Blade

Chuck Liddell is washed up and past his sell-by-date. And as for the issue of whether Couture should be given a shot at Shogun now, regardless of whether Shogun wants that fight, Couture is about as well-deserving of a title shot right now as Hitler would be of being posthumously awarded the keys to the city of Warsaw.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Chuck Liddell is washed up and past his sell-by-date. And as for the issue of whether Couture should be given a shot at Shogun now, regardless of whether Shogun wants that fight, Couture is about as well-deserving of a title shot right now as Hitler would be of being posthumously awarded the keys to the city of Warsaw.
I agree about Couture.

[
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Garandshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Chuck was doing very well in the fights, before the KO's came. Anyone can have a lack luster return to the cage after a previous knock out. It may have more to do with better apponents then with a deteriation of skill and ability. I bet he wins his next fight, although I don't want to see either guy lose.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Looking back, you could say that Chuck never fought any good strikers and simply knocked out a bunch of grapplers that couldn't take him down.
This is something a lot of people have been saying for a while.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
This is something a lot of people have been saying for a while.
Vitor (13 TKO's), Wandy(23 TKO's), Overeem(12 Tko's), Metzger (12 TKO's), Horn (has 19 TKO's)....
No good strikers?

[
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Vitor (13 TKO's), Wandy(23 TKO's), Overeem(12 Tko's), Metzger (12 TKO's), Horn (has 19 TKO's)....
No good strikers?
Hahaha, in all fairness, the law of averages states that if you take someone with 18,000 fights, you're prolly gonna get a few TKOs tossed in there somewhere!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
No good strikers?
Randyx2, Titox2, Vernon White, Babalux2, and if you think Horn is a good striker, well
Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Randyx2, Titox2, Vernon White, Babalux2, and if you think Horn is a good striker, well
You know that there are two fundamental points to being a good striker, right?
1. Hit your opponent
2. Don't get hit by your opponent
A "good striker" can do both.

Jeremy Horn is a much better striker then you're giving him credit for. His grappling is obviously his strength.

Horn has only lost from strikes twice in his Looooooooong career. He's fought everyone! A.Silva included.

Randy was only legitimately knocked out 4x's (2x's by Chuck)

Tito's only been KO'd twice look at the strikers he's fought (guess who) and he fought Machida

All of Babalu's Ko's came after Chuck. none before that.

[
Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
donaldbreland

I think Chuck was winning the fight against Rashad when he got caught. I think Chucks problem was his camp and himself. I don't think he trained as hard as he should have. I personally would like to see Chuck switch camps. I think the H.I.T squad would be a great place for Chuck to advance his game. I keep hearing all this talk about people being old. I think that is just an excuse. To see people like Randy still mixing it up with people like Brock is just shy of amazing. I think Chuck is a much better fighter then what he is given credit for. Chuck to me seemed as if he was going through some emotional problems or either alcohol problems. I think this time off has got Chuck focused again and I do see him making another run at the Title. After he beats Ace I would liek to see him fight Rashad again then Machida. After he wins them three fights I want to see him fight for the title. Which I think by that time will be held by A. Silva.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I think Chuck was winning the fight against Rashad when he got caught.
Yes, and the Jardine fight was close too.

Good analysis, llamafighter, I hope you are right. Chuck is one of my favorites so it's hard to be objective but I believe he still has some good fights to win in the future.