Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Its funny to me when people are fine to share their own opinion,
but anybody else is whining.
Not taking either side, but you are right on with this. This happens in all aspects of our society.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I said it best in my Recp Video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9gHzwd5y0

The UFC, made the right decision with Daley...but they now need to write protocol so that this can be applied to everyone, who commit acts of Gross misconduct.

While they are at it, they need to, once again, establish a baseline policy on low blows. Either deduct, or dont...but dont, deduct points from Paul Daley if you wont deduct points from Sam Stout...if you fire Sobral, have the guts to fire Penn for the same reason, if you fire Kalib Starnes...well, Anderson Silva has done worse.

They have to stop protecting the elite, because otherwise they are giving power over to their employees, and not in a unionized way either.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are right about Dana having double standards.

With that being said, I don't blame anybody but Paul Daley for what happened to Paul Daley.

Exactly. Dana can pretty much make his own rules, he still has the independence to run the UFC the way he and the Fertittas want to run it.

And like Spirit said, none of those examples were UFC events.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 PM
pistol-pete

After the fall out of the Strikeforce event on National TV, and the verbal assualt that came out of Dana White's mouth afterwards, he simply couldn't give Daley a slap on the wrist(suspension). Prior events lead to current decisions. The outcry that MMA fighters are just bar room brawlers doesn't need any more gas thrown on that flame. White is doing his best in a situation like this to protect the reputation of the sport and the UFC brand.

Why he let other things go, like Rampage going nuts with his truck on the roads of California, I don't know, maybe because Rampage brings more positive than negative to the sport, hell he is entertaining. Paul Daley simply not entertaining enough not to be an example of.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
After the fall out of the Strikeforce event on National TV, and the verbal assualt that came out of Dana White's mouth afterwards, he simply couldn't give Daley a slap on the wrist(suspension). Prior events lead to current decisions. The outcry that MMA fighters are just bar room brawlers doesn't need any more gas thrown on that flame. White is doing his best in a situation like this to protect the reputation of the sport and the UFC brand.
100% on the money, IMO.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 AM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
You could say that about anything, why are you guys crying about Shogun beating Machida, if you don't like Shogun, become a fighter and go beat him yourself.

The point of a forum is to discuss things like this and exchange ideas on subjects like this.
Well if Shogun would quit ducking me I would beat his behind. I can't wait to see if he gives me a title shot.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
You're whining about the punch,
I can whine about the punishment.

Its funny to me when people are fine to share their own opinion,
but anybody else is whining.

Stop whining about the punch, KOS is a sissy and it was no big deal.
Personally Brother I am not whining about anything. I was only joking with you. Hints the smiley face. I do however think that Dana made the right call on this one.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Well if Shogun would quit ducking me I would beat his behind. I can't wait to see if he gives me a title shot.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Rev

anyone notice the demographics of the two sides of this issue? not totally but close.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:35 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
anyone notice the demographics of the two sides of this issue? not totally but close.
What, you mean Brits against Yanks?

Yeah, I caught that. The only "traitors" are Atom & Dave, but they tend to equal one another out, so it's all good!