Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are right about Dana having double standards.

With that being said, I don't blame anybody but Paul Daley for what happened to Paul Daley.
Yeah.

The real ? is what would Dana have done if Daley had won the fight and then punched Kos after (for whatever reason compelled him). Would he be in the UFC looking at a match with GSP?

Hmmmm....
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
He did explain his actions at the post event media conference..

"There is no room for that here" and something to the effect of.. "I am very lenient and the UFC is lenient.. but not in this case..."

And I throughly agree with him.

I am more ticked that he cut Kevin after one fight.. than dumping Paul like the garabage he is.. Kevin at least was trying to fight.. Not saying Paul wasn't.. just that his besst punch was thrown WAY after the horn.. and well after Dan split them up..
Nah man Kimbo gave up as soon as his arthritic knee started getting kicked in the first round. I'd still give Kimbo one more fight just for the comedy factor, but let's face it, anyone who decides to kick his Bambi legs is gonna beat him. And Daley's punch after the bell was only a half-hearted effort, it was more petulance than an attempt to spark him out. Banning him from the UFC is just bullsh*t.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Semtex = Out of the UFC for life, one late punch = no damage.

Jake Shields = Threw the first punch in an after fight brawl,
not only does Dana want him, but is a special guest at the WEC.

Nate Diaz = involved in 2 televised after fight brawls = no trouble.

Nick Diaz = involved in a brawl at the hospital with Joe Riggs,
2 on screen brawls and Dana still publicly says he wants Nick back in the UFC.

Heath Herring - Prior to his UFC debut, HH KOed a fighter in the face off,
Dana White not only still signed him, but used the footage to promote him.

BJ Penn = Assaulted a COP in Hawaii = no trouble from the UFC.

Babalu = arrested for assault before his last fight

Junie Browning = Commits FELONY assault in the TUF house,
not only no trouble, but gets more television time.

The list goes on and on, not everything was in the ring,
but still. If you have a rule it needs to be across the board.
The one thing that Nick and Bj can do that most can't?? They can back themselves up and put up good fights... Dana is a business man so money talks and BS walks...
Old 05-10-2010, 06:15 PM
KevinD

[QUOTE=Blade;115819]Nah man Kimbo gave up as soon as his arthritic knee started getting kicked in the first round. I'd still give Kimbo one more fight just for the comedy factor, but let's face it, anyone who decides to kick his Bambi legs is gonna beat him. And Daley's punch after the bell was only a half-hearted effort, it was more petulance than an attempt to spark him out. Banning him from the UFC is just bullsh*t.[/QUOTE]

My years watching the show Baretta taught me that, If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Blade

[QUOTE=KevinD;115823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Nah man Kimbo gave up as soon as his arthritic knee started getting kicked in the first round. I'd still give Kimbo one more fight just for the comedy factor, but let's face it, anyone who decides to kick his Bambi legs is gonna beat him. And Daley's punch after the bell was only a half-hearted effort, it was more petulance than an attempt to spark him out. Banning him from the UFC is just bullsh*t.[/QUOTE]

My years watching the show Baretta taught me that, If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!
Never heard of it, but anyway, suspension/fine yes, permanent UFC ban no.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
Ding! +juan

And I saw Josh (the newest academy award winner for a second straight time!!!) Koschek's head snap back a bit.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:52 PM
KevinD

I agree with Chuck on this one, I think Daley will be back. Dana will find his soft spot and they will work things out.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Liddellfan

Why so much crying about this? It's Dana's decision not yours. When you become the President of the UFC, you can run the company your way and rehire that thug Daley.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Why so much crying about this? It's Dana's decision not yours. When you become the President of the UFC, you can run the company your way and rehire that thug Daley.
You could say that about anything, why are you guys crying about Shogun beating Machida, if you don't like Shogun, become a fighter and go beat him yourself.

The point of a forum is to discuss things like this and exchange ideas on subjects like this.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
rearnakedchoke

daley shot himself in the foot ... he's a punk and got what he deserved ... maybe strikeforce will put on a daley/warmachine fight ... battle of the douchebags ..