Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 AM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Alan Belcher has 4 times in the UFC. Should have been 3.

Here is his stats.

Win Patrick Cote Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) UFC 113 - Machida vs. Shogun 2 5/8/2010 2 3:25
Win Wilson Gouveia TKO (Punches) UFC 107 - Penn vs. Sanchez 12/12/2009 1 3:03
Loss Yoshihiro Akiyama Decision (Split) UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2 7/11/2009 3 5:00
Win Denis Kang Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 93 - Franklin vs. Henderson 1/17/2009 2 4:36
Win Ed Herman Decision (Split) UFC - Fight Night 15 9/17/2008 3 5:00
Loss Jason Day TKO (Punches) UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II 4/19/2008 1 3:58
Win Kalib Starnes TKO (Doctor Stoppage) UFC 77 - Hostile Territory 10/20/2007 2 1:39
Win Sean Salmon Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 71 - Liddell vs. Jackson 5/26/2007 1 0:53
Loss Kendall Grove Submission (Brabo Choke) UFC 69 - Shootout 4/7/2007 2 4:42
Win Jorge Santiago KO (Head Kick) UFC - Fight Night 7 12/13/2006 3 2:45
Loss Yushin Okami Decision (Unanimous) UFC 62 - Liddell vs. Sobral 8/26/2006 3 5:00

He has fought some very stiff competition is those fights as well. I think we can both agree he deserves one over W.Silva. If not you need to see a eye doctor.

I can't really agree with your description of that list of fighters as stiff competition. I would say belcher has risen out of the second tier of fighters in the division and now is entering the top tier.
Why would the UFC rush Belcher who is just 26 years old? Give him a fight or two, with a top contender. Building him up is smart for the UFC and also smart for Belcher.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 AM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I can't really agree with your description of that list of fighters as stiff competition. I would say belcher has risen out of the second tier of fighters in the division and now is entering the top tier.
Why would the UFC rush Belcher who is just 26 years old? Give him a fight or two, with a top contender. Building him up is smart for the UFC and also smart for Belcher.
Huh? You can't agree. Okay. Better than Akiyama or W.Silvas competition.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 AM
donaldbreland

In Belchers last 8 fights his opponents record was 130-58. Akiyama last 8 fights his opponents record was 108-51. There is no need for a fighter of Akiyamas caliber to be fighting someone with a 4-7 record or a 1-2 record. They fed him cans. Every one of Belchers opponents have been pretty tough fighter. Yes even Starns. I think he won the Akiyama fight and he should be next in line for the title.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 AM
donaldbreland

Kevin D I never quite made the connection. I see that you're from Canada. I shouldn't be arguing with you lol. Only playing Brother
Old 05-12-2010, 03:39 AM
KevinD

Quote:
In Belchers last 8 fights his opponents record was 130-58. Akiyama last 8 fights his opponents record was 108-51. There is no need for a fighter of Akiyamas caliber to be fighting someone with a 4-7 record or a 1-2 record. They fed him cans. Every one of Belchers opponents have been pretty tough fighter. Yes even Starns. I think he won the Akiyama fight and he should be next in line for the title.
any chance of me taking you seriously just went out the window with that comment
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 AM
KevinD

Quote:
Kevin D I never quite made the connection. I see that you're from Canada. I shouldn't be arguing with you lol. Only playing Brother
Donald....keyboard warriors are so boring....yawn
Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Akiyama on the other hand was fed cans in Japan except for Manhoef and Kang. The two no contests were against stiff competition but they were no contests. His last good fighter he fought was Belcher. He fought Masanori Tonooka who is 1-2 right before he fought Belcher and before that he fought a guy that was 4-7 -1. So how does he deserve to fight for the Title. Honestly I can;t think of a middle weight right now besides Belcher that really desrves a shot at the belt.
I can see Belfort being a contender based on his past fights he fought. I would like to see Belfort vs Belcher for a shot at the Title which is what I think is going to happen.
i agree which is why i said he should face the WINNER of silva vs akiyama.. Obbviously if he gets the winner he isnt below them... If wanderlei wins hed have two wins over two top contenders and has the name and history with silva to get the hype..... Akiyama has already beaten Belcher and carries a huge mma market behind him..... Would you atleast agree that Belcher vs silva/akiyama would be good booking? Makes perfect sense to me!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
ufcfan2

I really wanna see Shogun v. AS fight soon especiall when both fighters are doing well....I know Dana said he wasn't moving up until he cleared division,but after Sonnen I think its cleared enough...
K,Belcher can fight Vitor and winner of that can fight Akiyama/Wandi for vacant title
Old 05-12-2010, 12:36 PM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i agree which is why i said he should face the WINNER of silva vs akiyama.. Obbviously if he gets the winner he isnt below them... If wanderlei wins hed have two wins over two top contenders and has the name and history with silva to get the hype..... Akiyama has already beaten Belcher and carries a huge mma market behind him..... Would you atleast agree that Belcher vs silva/akiyama would be good booking? Makes perfect sense to me!
I agree to a certain extent. I think that Wandy beat Akiyama by ko. I think wandy is a great fighter but I still think he needs one more good fight to be a contender for the title. I think Belcher vs Belfort for title shot makes sense to me. I would love to see that fight.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 PM
KevinD

Quote:
I agree to a certain extent. I think that Wandy beat Akiyama by ko. I think wandy is a great fighter but I still think he needs one more good fight to be a contender for the title. I think Belcher vs Belfort for title shot makes sense to me. I would love to see that fight.
I would love to see Belfort and Belcher square off. I think that would be a great fight to watch!