Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
donaldbreland

What you guys seem to forget is that Silva isn't God. He can be beat. God is the only one that can't be beat. Belcher in my eyes dominated Cote. He is as good as a middle weight than any one in that division. I still think Vitor shouldn't be title ready with 1 fight in the UFC. I don;t think Sonnen deserves a shot either. To me that is going to be one boring fight. Silva has lost some steam as of late. I think he needs a fighter like Belcher to fight. Belcher isn't fighting cans either. This boy is 26 years old and has a ton of talent. If nothing else make it a non title fight or let him fight him at 205. Either way I see Silva getting knocked out.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:03 AM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
What you guys seem to forget is that Silva isn't God. He can be beat. God is the only one that can't be beat. Belcher in my eyes dominated Cote. He is as good as a middle weight than any one in that division. I still think Vitor shouldn't be title ready with 1 fight in the UFC. I don;t think Sonnen deserves a shot either. To me that is going to be one boring fight. Silva has lost some steam as of late. I think he needs a fighter like Belcher to fight. Belcher isn't fighting cans either. This boy is 26 years old and has a ton of talent. If nothing else make it a non title fight or let him fight him at 205. Either way I see Silva getting knocked out.
I think the only one putting Silva and God in the same sentence is you.

You are right Belcher does have talent, I just dont think he is at Silva's level just yet.

Why shouldn't Sonnen get a shot? He just beat Nate the great who was one of the top contenders. Belfort is on the shelf with an injury so why not Sonnen. he comes to fight and I think his style could be interesting to watch with Silva. Not that i think he will win, but Silva will be in a fight!

Back to Belcher, he's a good fighter, I like him, but seriously, a title shot right now? maybe after one more fight.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I
Why shouldn't Sonnen get a shot? He just beat Nate the great who was one of the top contenders. Belfort is on the shelf with an injury so why not Sonnen. he comes to fight and I think his style could be interesting to watch with Silva. Not that i think he will win, but Silva will be in a fight!
Excellent idea!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think Belcher should fight Vitor to see who gets the winner of Silva and Sonnen.
Belcher is good and may kick hard but Silva sees everything in slow motion.
That's a great call!!! And while I don't really care for Silva.. and I do like Chael .. he doesn't have much of a chance.. IMO.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM
donaldbreland

I think out of Sonnen and Belcher, Belcher has the better chance of beating Silva. The reason I think that is because everyone who has fought Silva has been Timid against him. They have been sort of scared. I think Belcher will not be scared of him and will atleast make this an exciting fight.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I think out of Sonnen and Belcher, Belcher has the better chance of beating Silva. The reason I think that is because everyone who has fought Silva has been Timid against him. They have been sort of scared. I think Belcher will not be scared of him and will atleast make this an exciting fight.
you mean the belcher who was nervous against the other sider kendall freakin grove and got his ass kicked

give me a break..... How does he get a shot before the Silva vs akyiama winner? He lost to akyiama!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
you mean the belcher who was nervous against the other sider kendall freakin grove and got his ass kicked

give me a break..... How does he get a shot before the Silva vs akyiama winner? He lost to akyiama!!!
He may have been nervous 4 years ago man but today he is a different fighter. I do however think he deserves a shot over W. Silva or Sexyama. I think he beat him in that fight. If anything they need to have a rematch. There is no way in this world that W. Silva deserves a fight for any title. He needs to put a few wins together first. Belcher just beat a guy who in his last fight fought for a title and did a fair job against a timid Silva. Of course I think Silva was winning the fight any way. I think Silva would have Knocked Out Cote. Belcher beat Cote in pretty good fashion. Something that even Tito Ortiz didn't do.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:26 PM
donaldbreland

According to Sherdog W. Silva has only won 2 fights in 4 years.

here is the stats.

Win Michael Bisping Decision (Unanimous) UFC 110 - Nogueira vs. Velasquez 2/20/2010 3 5:00
Loss Rich Franklin Decision (Unanimous) UFC 99 - The Comeback 6/13/2009 3 5:00
Loss Quinton Jackson KO (Punch) UFC 92 - The Ultimate 2008 12/27/2008 1 3:21
Win Keith Jardine KO (Punches) UFC 84 - Ill Will 5/24/2008 1 0:36
Loss Chuck Liddell Decision (Unanimous) UFC 79 - Nemesis 12/29/2007 3 5:00
Loss Dan Henderson KO (Punches) PRIDE 33 - Second Coming 2/24/2007 3 2:08
Loss Mirko Filipovic KO (Head Kick) PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute 9/10/2006 1 5

With any win how does he deserve a Title shot.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
donaldbreland

Alan Belcher has 4 times in the UFC. Should have been 3.

Here is his stats.

Win Patrick Cote Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) UFC 113 - Machida vs. Shogun 2 5/8/2010 2 3:25
Win Wilson Gouveia TKO (Punches) UFC 107 - Penn vs. Sanchez 12/12/2009 1 3:03
Loss Yoshihiro Akiyama Decision (Split) UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2 7/11/2009 3 5:00
Win Denis Kang Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 93 - Franklin vs. Henderson 1/17/2009 2 4:36
Win Ed Herman Decision (Split) UFC - Fight Night 15 9/17/2008 3 5:00
Loss Jason Day TKO (Punches) UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II 4/19/2008 1 3:58
Win Kalib Starnes TKO (Doctor Stoppage) UFC 77 - Hostile Territory 10/20/2007 2 1:39
Win Sean Salmon Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 71 - Liddell vs. Jackson 5/26/2007 1 0:53
Loss Kendall Grove Submission (Brabo Choke) UFC 69 - Shootout 4/7/2007 2 4:42
Win Jorge Santiago KO (Head Kick) UFC - Fight Night 7 12/13/2006 3 2:45
Loss Yushin Okami Decision (Unanimous) UFC 62 - Liddell vs. Sobral 8/26/2006 3 5:00

He has fought some very stiff competition is those fights as well. I think we can both agree he deserves one over W.Silva. If not you need to see a eye doctor.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 PM
donaldbreland

Akiyama on the other hand was fed cans in Japan except for Manhoef and Kang. The two no contests were against stiff competition but they were no contests. His last good fighter he fought was Belcher. He fought Masanori Tonooka who is 1-2 right before he fought Belcher and before that he fought a guy that was 4-7 -1. So how does he deserve to fight for the Title. Honestly I can;t think of a middle weight right now besides Belcher that really desrves a shot at the belt.
I can see Belfort being a contender based on his past fights he fought. I would like to see Belfort vs Belcher for a shot at the Title which is what I think is going to happen.