Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 AM
donaldbreland

Default Alan Belcher

Why is no one talking about Alan. Please Dana give him to Silva. I think he takes it.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:06 AM
atomdanger

Belcher gets MAULED by Anderson Silva.
He takes way too many shots to fight Anderson Silva.

He has looked good, but he really needs to work on his defense.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Mac

Yeah , i dont think he is near ready for Silva
Old 05-10-2010, 04:52 AM
donaldbreland

out of anyone in the mw division i think he earns it. If they fought then I know for sure it wouldn't be boring. Heck he may be ballsy enough to stand in their and actually knock him out. I think Belcher wasn't given much of a chance against Cote and he clearly beat Cote's butt. I think he may just be the type of fighter to beat Silva. His last loss was against Akiyama and he should have won that fight. He was screwed. If nothing else give him the opportunity if Sonnen was to get injured.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
out of anyone in the mw division i think he earns it. If they fought then I know for sure it wouldn't be boring. Heck he may be ballsy enough to stand in their and actually knock him out. I think Belcher wasn't given much of a chance against Cote and he clearly beat Cote's butt. I think he may just be the type of fighter to beat Silva. His last loss was against Akiyama and he should have won that fight. He was screwed. If nothing else give him the opportunity if Sonnen was to get injured.
look at the punch stats for the sexyama fight... Sexyama landed more and got some takedowns... Belcher should face the winner of Wanderlei vs Akyiama or Vitor
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
KevinD

I don't think he will do much if he fights Silva in the near future. I was impressed how he stayed in the pocket with such a heavy puncher as Cote. He did elude a lot of punches and not many were landing flush. But against Anderson, it would be lights out for the man who loves Johnny Cash.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
donaldbreland

I don't see him getting knocked out by Silva. Silva didn't do much with Cote. He actually looked a little hesitant against Silva. I fCote would have won that fight he would be in contention for the title. Belcher won Now lest give him the opportunity.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Alan Belcher?? Against Anderson Silva???

The title to the next Rocky and Bullwinkle Cartoon

"What did Alan do to you to make you want him dead in 30 seconds..."

or

"We see Anderson play for 5 rounds again and be the first UFC champ to fight on the undercard"
Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Liddellfan

Belcher claimed that he can pick Silva apart during his interview. I highly doubt that, how can you pick someone apart that won't throw a punch? When Anderson does decide to throw a pucnh if they fight......that will be the end.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 PM

I think Belcher should fight Vitor to see who gets the winner of Silva and Sonnen.
Belcher is good and may kick hard but Silva sees everything in slow motion.

[