Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
County Mike

Dave: Why do you think everyone should live up to YOUR standards? Some people have their own.

I'm not saying your standards are bad, just that quite a few people really won't care if they upset you. They'll happily go about life doing what they feel is right. Might be less stressful to you if you just accept that some people will have different standards.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Dave: Why do you think everyone should live up to YOUR standards? Some people have their own.

I'm not saying your standards are bad, just that quite a few people really won't care if they upset you. They'll happily go about life doing what they feel is right. Might be less stressful to you if you just accept that some people will have different standards.
I try to base my standards on what is morally right and wrong. I base my Morals on Scripture, which isnt "what I feel is right" its actually what IS right, independant of what I or anyone else says or feels. Its called an Absolute. Its Correct, always has been and always will be.

Its obviously wrong to rub someones nose in a loss, if you happen to be the cornerman of the triumphant opponent... does anyone want to despute that? It is not Humble, it is not showing love to another, its not treating another how you'd like to be treated. Its prideful, its boastful. Its wrong. Now if you dissagree with me, you should know I dont make the rules, I'm just telling you what they are. If you dissagree..thats up to you...but I wont sit by and pamper you

There is this warped and twisted view going around that Moral Relativity actually exists. It doesnt...and for those of us who know what the Truth is, we should battle against those others who "go about life doing what they feel is right"

Am I perfect? No...but I will never, ever be silent on what I see is an injustice against someone I am loyal to.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I try to base my standards on what is morally right and wrong. I base my Morals on Scripture, which isnt "what I feel is right" its actually what IS right, independant of what I or anyone else says or feels. Its called an Absolute. Its Correct, always has been and always will be.

Its obviously wrong to rub someones nose in a loss, if you happen to be the cornerman of the triumphant opponent... does anyone want to despute that? It is not Humble, it is not showing love to another, its not treating another how you'd like to be treated. Its prideful, its boastful. Its wrong. Now if you dissagree with me, you should know I dont make the rules, I'm just telling you what they are. If you dissagree..thats up to you...but I wont sit by and pamper you

There is this warped and twisted view going around that Moral Relativity actually exists. It doesnt...and for those of us who know what the Truth is, we should battle against those others who "go about life doing what they feel is right"

Am I perfect? No...but I will never, ever be silent on what I see is an injustice against someone I am loyal to.
Actually, I'm not even sure why I wrote that. I was just in a pissy mood and your post happened to be the last one I read when I felt like lashing out. I know you're a good guy. I just see a lot of people being judgemental and let it get to me. I don't necessarily agree with what the cornerman actions. I was more implying the accusation of Kim supporting such people. Maybe I misunderstood something. I apologize.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Actually, I'm not even sure why I wrote that. I was just in a pissy mood and your post happened to be the last one I read when I felt like lashing out. I know you're a good guy. I just see a lot of people being judgemental and let it get to me. I don't necessarily agree with what the cornerman actions. I was more implying the accusation of Kim supporting such people. Maybe I misunderstood something. I apologize.
It okay, dont worry about it. I cant say my Response lived up to my own standards...so perhaps you have just inadvertantly prooved your point