Make sure you come this way also..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Chill some.. you eager beaver...

Make sure you come this way also..
As a matter of fact I AM

Great news...I now have nearly all the monies collected. I'll soon be able to start bookings
Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 PM
hizo64

Man you guys suck!! Im so jealous that cool stuff happens within easy driving distance! Im stuck over here in the middle of nowhere Southern NM where NOTHING happens!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Man you guys suck!! Im so jealous that cool stuff happens within easy driving distance! Im stuck over here in the middle of nowhere Southern NM where NOTHING happens!!!
O, trust me, this is the first time something like this has happened! Before this, the closest Matt got was Columbus, OH!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Cry all you want Dave, he's from my gym and I stand behind my VA gym Have to.
Is your Gym per chance The MMA Institute....you know a most dissagreeable man called Rick McCoy? because I've been hearing a great deal about how whoever was cornering your guy was rather...insulting, to the suckerpunch guy who lost...By all means be pleased with a win, but...well I'm sure you know my thoughts on camps and fighters with bad attitudes, I wont support them.

Theres one guy from that gym who says he's even re-thinking whether to be associated with the gym after the corner mans display.

http://www.suckerpunchent.com/fighte...rd-uwc-update/

If thats your gym, I am suprised you stand by their actions....coz swearing at a fighter and rubbing his nose in the loss, the second it happens has to be one of the most unchristian things you can possibly do to a fighter....even if there is bad blood.

Course "cry all you want" isnt the nicest way to address a dissapointed fan, when your guy wins. Havent you and your guys heard of being Humble in Victory??
Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Is your Gym per chance The MMA Institute....you know a most dissagreeable man called Rick McCoy? because I've been hearing a great deal about how whoever was cornering your guy was rather...insulting, to the suckerpunch guy who lost...By all means be pleased with a win, but...well I'm sure you know my thoughts on camps and fighters with bad attitudes, I wont support them.

Theres one guy from that gym who says he's even re-thinking whether to be associated with the gym after the corner mans display.

http://www.suckerpunchent.com/fighte...rd-uwc-update/

If thats your gym, I am suprised you stand by their actions....coz swearing at a fighter and rubbing his nose in the loss, the second it happens has to be one of the most unchristian things you can possibly do to a fighter....even if there is bad blood.

Course "cry all you want" isnt the nicest way to address a dissapointed fan, when your guy wins. Havent you and your guys heard of being Humble in Victory??
Ok Dave, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over a misinterpretation of "cry all you want". It was a joke, and I'm sorry if you took it another way, but I had no intentions of demeaning you, Levon, or anyone when I said that. For that I'm sorry. If you took it personally, then I apologize. That's as sincere as I can make that

As for Rick, he's really good friends with Dave, the owner and head instructor at my gym. Dave is a pretty big Christian, he's a little rough, but he will never admit he's perfect and he's got a good character and a strong work ethic. Me and him were meeting last night and discussing how to get the gym off the ground, especially since we just moved to a bigger place. Boomer helped set up a ton of behind the scenes stuff at the gym, and the rest of us are trying to keep it afloat until more people sign up.

Rick basically runs the fight camp, MMAI, in VA in Richmond, Harrisonburg, Winchester, and Charlottesville. It's a large fight team. I've never met Rick, nor can I say how his character is, but I've heard he's pretty cool. As for actions, I also can't judge as I'm not perfect, and it's reasonably unfair in my opinion for people to judge what "may" have happened at an event you didn't attend. There was nothing but respect between the two fighters, Levon and Baker. They shook hands before and after the fight and hugged--I saw it, i was there, I even have a picture somewhere. Kyle Baker was nothing but humble and gracious in his post fight interview. So I don't know why you accuse the corner of being rough and tumble. Rick, from what I saw, looked happy--I didn't see any "bad blood" or swearing.

EDIT: I just read the blog of the fans that were there, and again, I didn't see how Rick acted. Most of the people were drunk near the floor, since they were stumbling over everything--I think that's usual at any live event. Rick does run the fight team, but each gym here has a separate owner from what I know. It just sucks that some people misinterpret stuff sometimes, and again, I don't personally know Rick, and I'm not going to stand up for any actions he displayed there. I'm more focused on helping the Charlottesville branch grow and keeping it feeling like the tight knit family it has become.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

So yeah, there's my thesis for the day.

I'm really upset that you think my fight camp is not humble and rubs victories in other people's faces--there are 4 gyms and they are all different, just under the McCoy name. That's is completely not what we are about. Every fight I've been to, they are gracious in defeat and honored when they win--definitely not like Mr. Serra and his actions.

If anything, The HIT Squad is a model gym for what Dave wants to do to the Cville gym. You just wait and see. I really don't care either way if you support or even like the MMAI of VA. That's your opinion. But please please don't believe everything you read on the internet unless you were actually there.

Last edited by mikthehick; 02-24-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Ok Dave, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over a misinterpretation of "cry all you want". It was a joke, and I'm sorry if you took it another way, but I had no intentions of demeaning you, Levon, or anyone when I said that. For that I'm sorry. If you took it personally, then I apologize. That's as sincere as I can make that

As for Rick, he's really good friends with Dave, the owner and head instructor at my gym. Dave is a pretty big Christian, he's a little rough, but he will never admit he's perfect and he's got a good character and a strong work ethic. Me and him were meeting last night and discussing how to get the gym off the ground, especially since we just moved to a bigger place. Boomer helped set up a ton of behind the scenes stuff at the gym, and the rest of us are trying to keep it afloat until more people sign up.

Rick basically runs the fight camp, MMAI, in VA in Richmond, Harrisonburg, Winchester, and Charlottesville. It's a large fight team. I've never met Rick, nor can I say how his character is, but I've heard he's pretty cool. As for actions, I also can't judge as I'm not perfect, and it's reasonably unfair in my opinion for people to judge what "may" have happened at an event you didn't attend. There was nothing but respect between the two fighters, Levon and Baker. They shook hands before and after the fight and hugged--I saw it, i was there, I even have a picture somewhere. Kyle Baker was nothing but humble and gracious in his post fight interview. So I don't know why you accuse the corner of being rough and tumble. Rick, from what I saw, looked happy--I didn't see any "bad blood" or swearing.

EDIT: I just read the blog of the fans that were there, and again, I didn't see how Rick acted. Most of the people were drunk near the floor, since they were stumbling over everything--I think that's usual at any live event. Rick does run the fight team, but each gym here has a separate owner from what I know. It just sucks that some people misinterpret stuff sometimes, and again, I don't personally know Rick, and I'm not going to stand up for any actions he displayed there. I'm more focused on helping the Charlottesville branch grow and keeping it feeling like the tight knit family it has become.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

So yeah, there's my thesis for the day.

I'm really upset that you think my fight camp is not humble and rubs victories in other people's faces--there are 4 gyms and they are all different, just under the McCoy name. That's is completely not what we are about. Every fight I've been to, they are gracious in defeat and honored when they win--definitely not like Mr. Serra and his actions.

If anything, The HIT Squad is a model gym for what Dave wants to do to the Cville gym. You just wait and see. I really don't care either way if you support or even like the MMAI of VA. That's your opinion. But please please don't believe everything you read on the internet unless you were actually there.
My bone isnt with the fighters, its with Rick McCoy....As I understand it he represents the brand name of your gym, but not your specific gym? In which case, I guess thats alright, if you've never met him, and he doesnt really count in the day to day running of the specific gym, then you cant take a share of the blame for his bad character.

I speak privately to a number of those people, I'm not just reading something off the internet in the way it looks like. I posted the link because thats evidence I've not fabricated everything in a slandering effort....my knowledge goes deeper then a few comments you see on that page though.

Suckerpunch is the main reason I'm visiting Virginia on my States Tour, by cooincodence it happens to be a great Forum Hub aswell, but if I knew noone from this forum in the State, I would still be visiting Richmond Virginia.

I know that McCoy has a reputation for not exactly being the most humble person on the planet...but if he's just a brand name, like it sounds as if he is, I guess I can work past that to see the gyms themselves as separate identities.

So...I guess we are kewl after all when I heard about him I knew there must be some mistake, because I dont think you would condone his action anymore then myself...but I wanted to be sure...so forgive me for being so direct...but I didnt wanna beat about the bush...but just come out and say...look this guy has an attitude problem...whats his relationship to you, since you said that Kyle was from your gym

The HIT Squad is a good model to base things on. Hope you dont hate me for what I said. I know that Americans in general prefer the direct approach. We are still kewl right
Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
mikthehick

We are still cool, Dave.

The gyms are separate, but just under the McCoy name. I'm going to remain neutral on Rick. I've never met him, like I said, but I'm not going to demean someone I don't know, except Matt Serra.

Don't stereotype Americans so easily, as quite a few do beat around the bush and try to cover stuff up.....

As for me, I'm really easy going and it really does take a lot to 'genuinely' piss me off. From the videos you've seen, that's just 'mildly' pissed and usually goes away quickly--in fact, most girls I know seem to do that.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me, or Rick. It's about the great fights from Saturday, Matt, and Robbie. So carry on
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm not going to demean someone I don't know, except Matt Serra.
Good Call

For me...its about Loyalty. I am rather Loyal to Suckerpunch, and Levon Maynard is my Favourite from them (not including Jens Pulver) So I am very Loyal to him. I dont like hearing that the Corner man from the winning team kicked him when he was down.

The fact Brian Butler makes no comment, is enough to convince me that it wasnt a figment of a few peoples imagination. Butler is like an American version of Emile Coleman...if they ever got together they'd understand each other perfectly, because they both have...the same kinda outlook towards both business and how you should treat people.

But...No hard feelings between you and me.

Glad you had a good time btw....but I do hope you managed to do all your papers aswell...