Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
que

Default SHOGUN!

in honor of shogun's awesome win tonight i post this awesome HL i found posted on another forum tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCTDQ...layer_embedded

talk about shogun here!

who should fight him next
Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

I hope he has a long and happy reign. He absolutely utterly deserves it!

Firstly, we all know that he should have been awarded the decision vs Lyoto the first time, even Lyoto looked ill until the announced his name.

It would have been all to easy and highly understandable for Rua to have been downcast, and for the Institution to have suggested that Lyoto fight someone else before a rematch...but the Insitution did the right thing...even if it still meant a delay of months for the correct result.

I had nothing against Lyoto, it wasnt his fault the judges awarded him a flase win, but his attitude after that stank...you know I would have had more respect for him if he'd been honnest.

Now I will also admit that I didnt think Rua would win again, I thought he'd go in with the same game plan and that Lyoto would this time come up with a strategy to defeat him. This is because Lyoto can adapt, and has been very prolific...I didnt think he would try to go for the ground game though, that suprised me a bit, I didnt think he would use that measure to avoid the kicks.

Finally...do you know what an achievement it is to KO someone who has NEVER lost before? you do realize, that officially, this is Lyotos first loss (even though to the majority of fans, it feels like this should be his second) and that he wasnt finished by decision, or fluke, or accident, or injury, but was undeniably conqured.

Mr Rua, We Appluad You
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
ufcfan2

War Rua!!!
Bring on Anderson Silva
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 AM

probably gets the evans/page winner.... The best matchup however is either a rematch with lil nog or bones jones once he gets more expierience.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:07 PM
rearnakedchoke

rua rules .. i love it ... i loved how he got up even before yves lavignes stopped the fight .. he should get his purse, KO of the night pay and yves paycheck ... LOL ... machida got KTFO
Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM
logrus

This is the guy who should have showed up last time
Old 05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Chris F

I doubt he will keep it very long. Too mnay bad match ups for him. I agree tey will probably give him Evans winner. But there are a lot of good lhw. It will be hard to keep it very long.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Preach

SSSSSSShhhhhhoguuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I doubt he will keep it very long. Too mnay bad match ups for him. I agree tey will probably give him Evans winner. But there are a lot of good lhw. It will be hard to keep it very long.
Whose a bad matchup for him? He is more well rounded then anyone in the division. Im not saying he cant lose especially since the lhw belt seems to be cursed since chuck lost it... I dont see the bad matchups though.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I almost agree with this as it seems noone can hold on to the belt for more than one fight I hope this isn't the case with Rua,but agree there are some very talented and tough fighters in 205(Jon Jones,Lil'Nog,Machida,AS;if he moves up,etc..)