Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
No, talk is not just talk, its a rule lol
Sport or not, You tell me you're gonna rape my mother,
and I am hitting you, more than once, bell or no bell.

Steve: Being called a @#&%#*$#$% isn't personal?
Dalton: No. It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.
Steve: What if somebody calls my mama a "lady of the night"?
Dalton: Is she?

words are just words.. unless you want them to mean something..

And they were both talking trash I am sure... did Josh say something like that.. prolly... oh well...

Quote:
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

KOS broke just as many rules as Daley did.

And fighting after the bell.. I would qualify as less of a violation...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
they need to cut kos as well. This is fighting, not acting... ffs. I thought I wouldn't be able to respect that guy any less after the last "incident". He just proved me wrong in this fight. I can hold a certain respect for anyone that steps in the ring to fight. Unfortunately for the fans, Kos doesn't even do that. He steps in to PRETEND to get hit. What a freakin' loser.
Just like basketball or football, you try to draw the foul or fool the ref into a penalty. What's wrong with that?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Eh, in Canada? So they would do what? send him home?
They would arrest him and charge him with assault.

When you commit a crime in another country, you go through their criminal justice system, whatever that may be.

In case you didn't know, attacking another fighter after the bell is a crime that is no different than hitting some guy at a bar. It is assault. To go one step further, if a fighter is found to be cheating after the fact, they can also be charged with assault. Take the case of Luis Resto vs Billy Collins Jr. back in the early 80's. When they later found that Resto and his trainer Panama Lewis had removed padding from his gloves before the fight, they were both found guilty of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, the weapon being Resto's hands, and they both went to prison.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:39 AM

Daley had 15 minutes to punch Koschek in the face. If you can't do it in the allotted time the screw off.
The thing about a professional fighter sucker punching someone is that they are trained to hit. Daley not only suckerpunched him but he threw is most dangerous pitch. This would be like a DB running after a successful RB and spearing him on the way off the field.
I respect Dana for saying screw this crap. HE showed with Babalu that he doesn't go for that cheap stuff.
as for Koschek's antics...Gsp will destroy him again and that will be that.

[
Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
They would arrest him and charge him with assault.

When you commit a crime in another country, you go through their criminal justice system, whatever that may be.

In case you didn't know, attacking another fighter after the bell is a crime that is no different than hitting some guy at a bar. It is assault. To go one step further, if a fighter is found to be cheating after the fact, they can also be charged with assault. Take the case of Luis Resto vs Billy Collins Jr. back in the early 80's. When they later found that Resto and his trainer Panama Lewis had removed padding from his gloves before the fight, they were both found guilty of assault and criminal possession of a weapon, the weapon being Resto's hands, and they both went to prison.
I know they would charge him with assault, and that would be how much time?
Come on now, the case you're talking about involved planning, and led to somebody's suicide and the ruin of his career.

now THAT is completely irrelevant.
Tyson hit Norris after the Bell, was be banned for life? Not even almost.
I know his isn't banned from MMA, but still.
Other UFC fighters have engaged in behavior similar, and not been banned.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I know they would charge him with assault, and that would be how much time?
Come on now, the case you're talking about involved planning, and led to somebody's suicide and the ruin of his career.

now THAT is completely irrelevant.
Tyson hit Norris after the Bell, was be banned for life? Not even almost.
I know his isn't banned from MMA, but still.
Other UFC fighters have engaged in behavior similar, and not been banned.
I was making the reference to give insight into what can happen. Obviously it was a different situation, but it doesn't change the fact that you can be charged with assault long after the fact. So, in that respect, no it's not irrelevant. How much time he would or would not get is not the point. The only point I was making was that in most places, that is a clean cut case of assault. Yes, the Resto/Collins incident was planned, but Daley knew exactly what he was doing when he sucker punched Kos. I don't care what Kos said to him, he has been in over 30 professional fights and he knows better than to do that right after the Ref stops the fight. If he was that pissed off, he should have just waited for Kos in the parking lot, or did it in the locker room, but not like that.

Tyson and Norris were still locked up and the bell was still ringing when Tyson hit him. That is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Daley actually followed Koscheck as he was walking away and then loaded up and sucker punched him.

Bottom line is that the UFC can ban anybody they want from their company for whatever reason, good or bad. You are right that other fighters have not gotten cut for similar or even worse actions, and I agree that is ridiculous, but that's the way it goes. What Daley did was out of line, and he had to know that he would be punished for it.

That doesn't mean he cannot fight in MMA. The only institutions that can deny Daley a license to fight is the athletic commissions, and that could very well happen to him. I don't think he will be "banned for life" from the sport, but a fine and possibly a suspension could follow.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 AM
atomdanger

Of course they can do what they want
I never said they didn't something illegal.

This is a discussion forum, they did something unfair.
I shared my opinion.

They LOVED it when HH hit somebody before the fight started,
they even repeatedly replayed the footage.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:01 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

This is a discussion forum, they did something unfair.
I shared my opinion.
If you actually look at what I am saying, you would see that I agree with your point. I also never forgot that this is a forum, and I never said you shouldn't share your opinion, just as I am sharing mine.

Yes, there is not a clear standard, and it may not always seem fair, but thats the way it is. You can't blame anybody but Daley for what happened to Daley.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Chuck

Dana will recant his actions and Daley will be back in the UFC in time...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Dana will recant his actions and Daley will be back in the UFC in time...

Renato should be brought back before Paul....

And his actions were still garabage. But I can *almost.. understand his .. it's not like he got up off the ground.. turned and then jumped on David Heath and subbed him ...