Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Blade

Koscheck also said a couple of times in post-fight interviews that he definitely got hit with something but wasn't sure if it was a punch or a knee. That just proves he's bullsh*tting, because if he thinks he might have gotten caught with a punch whilst on his knees, which would have been legal, then why did he flap around like a dying swan at the time, appealing to the ref and squinting like a drunken, one-eyed sailor?

And depending on the weight classes, Sextex should get a spot in the house on the next season of TUF, come on Dana give him a shot at redemption, haha.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Rev

Why does everyone think PD should get anything? He got a gift, a chance in the UFC, and he blew it. The guy is a punk who talked alot of crap and got delt with. Kos is a punk for faking but fighters have been doing that for years(the dude on TUF did it 2 weeks ago and got the win because of it and you all didnt cry then) if your gonna have a standard, hold it true across the board, not just for someone you dont like.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Why does everyone think PD should get anything? He got a gift, a chance in the UFC, and he blew it. The guy is a punk who talked alot of crap and got delt with. Kos is a punk for faking but fighters have been doing that for years(the dude on TUF did it 2 weeks ago and got the win because of it and you all didnt cry then) if your gonna have a standard, hold it true across the board, not just for someone you dont like.
Very well said..........
Old 05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
atomdanger

People are completely over reacting. This is ridiculous.

Nate Diaz is on live primetime cable kicking a downed man in the head,
did Dana even have a talk with him? No...

Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, ANY other sport, brawls break out constantly,
hell in those sports you can even fight a FAN and not be banned for life.
Suspend and fine him.

I am more offended that it is ILLEGAL to fake an injury,
yet two fights in a row KOS has done just that.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Buc Nasty

Good point Atom. It was a dick move but if he's going to be punished so should Nate. Shame about their actions as I used to like them both.

Kos is still a dick. I can't believe he took another shot at the oscars, but I guess thats all he has a chance of winning.

It's going to be nice rooting for GSP again, its been a long time!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Nate hasn't done anything a UFC cage that I am aware of. But I do agree that his actions away from a UFC sponsored event do reflect on the UFC.

Atom.. dude. do you cheer for guys that are fighting in the streets? Do you cheer for a boxer that throws a shot after the bell has rung??

What Paul did was pisspoor sportsmanship... and if I understand "combat sports" contracts.... ILLEGAL.... that simple.. But I would still love to get a hold of a typical UFC contract.

Don't misunderstand... Josh's fake injuries are SUPER lame... crap and more crap.. no honor there either...

but we all know of fighters that will try to catch a break...

Just that Josh is a crappy actor up top of it... At least some fighters will try to catch a break after they have ALREADY been ACTUALLY hit...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
People are completely over reacting. This is ridiculous.

Nate Diaz is on live primetime cable kicking a downed man in the head,
did Dana even have a talk with him? No...

Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, ANY other sport, brawls break out constantly,
hell in those sports you can even fight a FAN and not be banned for life.
Suspend and fine him.

I am more offended that it is ILLEGAL to fake an injury,
yet two fights in a row KOS has done just that.
I keep seeing you reference fighting fans in other sports.

Be specific. Are you talking about Ron Artest?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I keep seeing you reference fighting fans in other sports.

Be specific. Are you talking about Ron Artest?
I don't need to be specific, the point is you don't even get banned for life for hitting fans in other sports.

He hit a fellow fighter, KOS is fine.
Nate kicked an outnumbered and downed man in the head = no trouble.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
I’d drop both of them. Daley’s actions after the fight are utterly disgraceful. However I also think so are Kos’s during the fight acting to try and get a point removed is shameful this is a combat sport not netball. It was so obvious he was acting before the replay as he went down appealing to the ref not clutching his face lol.
Nothing wrong with what Koschek did. Just like in basketball or football, you fake the foul or try to draw the foul to gain an advantage. That's just using your brain.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:35 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I don't need to be specific, the point is you don't even get banned for life for hitting fans in other sports.

He hit a fellow fighter, KOS is fine.
Nate kicked an outnumbered and downed man in the head = no trouble.
Actually, if your not gonna be specific, then how can you actually back up your claim?

Fights with fans VERY RARELY happen, and in all of the instances I can think of off the top of my head, it was the fan who instigated the fight. So if your going to make a generalized statement, it helps to actually have some detailed knowledge on what you are talking about.

You keep talking about Nate Diaz, or crap other guys have done wrong, but none of those things have any bearing on this discussion. I will admit that Dana has been a bit hypocritical in how he punishes some guys, and it may have been a bit heavy handed of Dana to cut him so quickly without giving Daley a chance to apologize. Still, the bottom line is that what he did is not only a very poor act of sportsmanship, but it was actually criminal.

This sport has a hard enough time convincing people that it's not a bunch of violent thugs with no self control. Dana has every right to do what he did, and it doesn't mean Daley can't fight anymore, just not with the UFC (at least for now).