Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-09-2010, 04:46 AM
que

Default Paul Daley criminally assaulted Koscheck

joe rogan said it well live on PPV at the end of the show... paul daley criminally assaulted josh koscheck and really he should be in jail.

what reproduction do you think should happen to paul daley?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:57 AM
donaldbreland

He should be released. The UFC doesn't need a thug like that representing their company. I know who does though. Strikeforce.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 AM

I vote for banning him. I don't know if it (the sucker punch) has happened before but I've never seen it.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Garandshooter

I think he should serve the same reprocusions I would for punching another coworker. I feel the same about fights in every sport. My boss wouldn't make me stay home for a month with out pay, he would fire me. I would be uneligible for re-hire with the company, and I would have the police remove me from the premisis.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Liddellfan

He should be criminally charged......arrested and thrown in jail. The UFC doesn't need someone like him, the entire sport of MMA doesn't need someone like him, IMO he is trash.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 AM

He sounds like a thug and a sore loser.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

You know, the UFC need to start making a rulled policy on things like this...because some people seem to be constantly pardoned, and some constantly punished.

Its like I said in my last video for whichever fight it was where Anthony Pettis won after being kicked in the balls...that the guy who did it was let off, whereas the guy who did the exact same move in the fight before had points deducted...it kinda needs to be across the board...because otherwise it looks like bias rather then justice.

You know...Paul Daley goes on hitting after the bell and gets expelled (and rightly so!) but others who have followed up with shots...maybe not as dramatic as that...havent. Sobral holds on a choke and gets expelled...but its perfectly alright for NJ Penn to do the same with Jens Pulver and face no action, Kalib Starnes wont play ball once, and he gets done it...Anderson Silva does it thrice in a row...and other then condemning words...nothing happens.

Then there is the other little matter of verbal during a fight...they need to address that...I'm not saying ban it...but they do need to address whether its alright to taunt with words...Daley was provoked, Koscheck has admitted that he said something rude just before the bell...it doesnt justify Daley one bit...but it needs to be addressed.

Obviously, I'm in favour of serious and harsh punishments when it comes to the reflection of this sport...and I aggree with all the penalties ive seen placed on fighters...but I would urge the Institution NOT to seemingly protect those who are higher up the ladder, as they have been, because it makes them look hypocritical and bias, and undermines the true justice they are sending out.

Its about time they took low blows seriously, its about time they took listening to the ref when he calls it seriously, and its about time that they laid down proper guidelines as to the penalties and applied that to all. They claim they are interested in fighter safety, and they now have, yet again, an opportunity to explore and put down some serious regulations. Low Blows, should automatically knock points off, and fighters who dont listen to when the fight is called, in whatever manner should face disciplinary action, and definatley in cases like Daley summery dismissal.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 AM
GnP

I’d drop both of them. Daley’s actions after the fight are utterly disgraceful. However I also think so are Kos’s during the fight acting to try and get a point removed is shameful this is a combat sport not netball. It was so obvious he was acting before the replay as he went down appealing to the ref not clutching his face lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
I’d drop both of them. Daley’s actions after the fight are utterly disgraceful. However I also think so are Kos’s during the fight acting to try and get a point removed is shameful this is a combat sport not netball. It was so obvious he was acting before the replay as he went down appealing to the ref not clutching his face lol.
Koscheck has a history of that doesnt he...wasnt he the one who did that in a previous fight and ended up clutching the wrong eye by the end of the round...I distinctly remember that the reply didnt show a direct hit, but that it brushed the right eye...and yet three mins later he at the end of the round he was covering his left eye.

Was that Koscheck...or someone else...I cant remember
Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM

Well listening to Josh, he seems to suggest he said something that really wound him up.

Lets be honest, this is isn't a normal job, I wouldn't want to see him go to jail for that. Its a fight business.

Josh got a phanthom knee that never hit him and fought a very frustrating fight for Daley, he fought the perfect game plan.

Great performance fror him.

Not a good thing from Daley but lets man up and not make a huge deal out of it.