Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Bobby71

Default UFC 2010

Sorry if there is a thread already on this, I looked but didn't see one. I preordered my game the other day. I bought the 2009 one and liked it a lot. I think the 2010 doesn't look all that much better but the career mode looks improved so I'm getting it.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 PM
jason2130

the demo came out earlier this week i think, downloading it right now on PS3 seen it on the xbox demo section to
Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Bobby71

I have never hooked my x box up to the internet before. I have heard that playing online is what cause probelms with the xbox hardware, but I preordered my game from gamestop and the only way to get the free extra fighters is to download them.

Can anyone confirm or deny that using the xbox with the interwebs is what causes the hardware problems?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

If you are not using your XBOX to connect to XBOX live, then you are really missing out on the other half of what your 360 can do.

I bought my first 360 only about a year ago, and I have had it hooked up to Xbox Live since day 1 and it's never given me a single problem. I don't see how connecting it to the web would cause hardware problems. Things like the RROD and issues with the DVD drive happen naturally on their own.

I downloaded the demo for 2010 when it came out a week ago and I really dig it. It seems much smoother than 2009.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
If you are not using your XBOX to connect to XBOX live, then you are really missing out on the other half of what your 360 can do.

I bought my first 360 only about a year ago, and I have had it hooked up to Xbox Live since day 1 and it's never given me a single problem. I don't see how connecting it to the web would cause hardware problems. Things like the RROD and issues with the DVD drive happen naturally on their own.

I downloaded the demo for 2010 when it came out a week ago and I really dig it. It seems much smoother than 2009.
I'll get a xbox live account so I can download the extra fighters. I may try to play online after too, Whats your "gamer tag."
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
I'll get a xbox live account so I can download the extra fighters. I may try to play online after too, Whats your "gamer tag."
JBrattlesnake is my gamertag, when you get it hooked up send me a friend request.

You will dig it man, playing online is a lot of fun.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Bobby71

That's what I hear but I'm not very good at video games. I'll give it a try though.

I'm gonna get it all hooked up and download the 2010 demo after finals this week.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

OK, this is off topic in a way, but not too much:

I want a P4P option in UFC 2011. I want to be able to put Matt Hughes against Anderson Silva, BJ Penn against Machida, Sean Sherk vs. Brock Lesnar. Just figure out how each fighter compares to others in his weight-class, then scale them up/down as necessary to meet in the middle.

Example 1: Matt is a big WW, very wide & thick. Anderson is a tall MW, very long & quick. Scale Matt up a bit & Anderson down a bit until they're "the same weight", but keeping their other attributes unique.

Example 2: Sean Sherk & Brock Lesnar are both jacked for their weight classes, but not the tallest guys. If they were to magically meet at MW, they'd probably be roughly the same size.

Obviously this would need to be tweeked a bit, but I don't think it's impossible.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OK, this is off topic in a way, but not too much:

I want a P4P option in UFC 2011. I want to be able to put Matt Hughes against Anderson Silva, BJ Penn against Machida, Sean Sherk vs. Brock Lesnar. Just figure out how each fighter compares to others in his weight-class, then scale them up/down as necessary to meet in the middle.

Example 1: Matt is a big WW, very wide & thick. Anderson is a tall MW, very long & quick. Scale Matt up a bit & Anderson down a bit until they're "the same weight", but keeping their other attributes unique.

Example 2: Sean Sherk & Brock Lesnar are both jacked for their weight classes, but not the tallest guys. If they were to magically meet at MW, they'd probably be roughly the same size.

Obviously this would need to be tweeked a bit, but I don't think it's impossible.
I believe the option of fighting with any weight class is going to be available in UFC 2010. Fight Night used to allow you to fight with any weight class, but as of FNR 4 the limit is a two-weight class difference.

However, to make what you are saying happen, it would take a little bit of tweaking. I don't think they need to go all out and re-size the guys a great deal, just allow the players to pick any weight class and let the fighters overall ratings determine how the AI plays out. In earlier Fight Night games, when you ran through career mode and decided to move up in weight you would notice a difference in the way the fighter looked, however the option of moving down in weight was never there. It's an interesting concept, and I think it would be cool if they found a practical way to implement it into fighting games.