Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Which Active UFC Fighter...

....Do you think that is CAPABLE of winning.. and DEFENDING a belt in 2 different weight classes...

Only Randy and Baby Jay has worn gold in different classes..

Everyone said it would be Baby Jay.. well.. it wasn't.

Randy.. he can't beat Brock.. :( at least I don't think so.. too much of a size advantage...

I think Hughes could.. WW and LW.. but I am not sure that he could cut that much.. WW and MW...Andersons hands are a bit faster IMO.. :(

Anderson - MW and WW.. I don't know that he could cut that.. and if so.. I think he wouldn't have the gas for GSP.. MW/LHW... I don't think he could beat Lyoto.. possible. but I don't think so..

Brock - HW/LHW.. No.. (maybe this is hatin' a bit) Brock is prolly pushing 275-280 when he his the ring.. Tso I don't think he could make the cut...

Remember.. they have to win and DEFEND...winning is easy compared to defending sometimes..

so we are talking about possibly 4 fights in one year...

Who could do it?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Anderson Silva is definitely capable of it...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Bobby71

Anderson Silva but only if Shogun beats Machida.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

anderson can do three categories if he wants ... and GSP if anderson makes a permanent move to LHW .. oh and baby jay if GSP makes a permanent move to MW ... i think he beats edgar and most WW's .... i would love to see him put a beating on koscheck and fitch ... but alves would give him a go ..
Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Buc Nasty

Me.

Oh sorry, active UFC fighter.......

Guess I'll have to make my debut!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
warriorlion

Anderson Silva, when he actually fights could and would win and defend at two weights, MW and LHW no worries the only issue he has at LHW is he will nto fight Lyoto, not that he can beat him.

GSP at ww and MW I Think as well.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Anderson Silva could...but he's too big a risk...the UFC already seem to be held at ransom with his actions dominating one division...if you gave him two then he could bore all the more out of everyone until he gets whatever it is they wont give him.

GSP...Unlikely....I still think BJ Penn when he pulls his act together, he stands a decent chance so long as he never has to fight some of the Greats at Welterweight...What I mean is...if he gains the Welterweight title again, so long as Hughes never challenges, he stands a chance of holding it until GSP can challenge

I think if Rua can do well now after Lyoto, perhaps he can do the same...and I think once Brock is gone, probably due to ill health eventually, you might find shane carwin or cain valasquez in the future might be able to....

...personally, and I've been giving this a lot of thought...I dont think that UFC should alllow it....I think that you might be able to give superfights between two champions at title level, at a catchweight, but without the belts being on the line, just to see who would win...but I think it gives far to much esteem to one single man...Either that or you say you can hold two titles in two divisions but not at the same time.

this would mean someone has to give up their title first...and thats a large gamble