Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Buzzard

Default My next PC game purchase

DCS Black Shark

It's a helicopter simulation that looks to be very challenging. Since I love WW2 flight sims, I figured try something different but still in the aviation sim category. There are a lot of vids on youtube of this game and I didn't know which to link to, but this one shows a bit of what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjSI021j-c

Does anyone here have it? I'll probably order it off Newegg in the next couple days after watching some of the "how to" vids.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Administrator

What kind of games do you usually play? I tried aviation sims once, but they just proved to me that I made the right decision in never becoming an actual pilot. Especially when you get bored and just decide to start ramming stuff to see how long it takes you to blow up. I'm pretty sure that all the major airlines would frown on that behavior.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
What kind of games do you usually play? I tried aviation sims once, but they just proved to me that I made the right decision in never becoming an actual pilot. Especially when you get bored and just decide to start ramming stuff to see how long it takes you to blow up. I'm pretty sure that all the major airlines would frown on that behavior.
Lol.

I like strategy and simulation games the most, as well as Madden football and NHL hockey.

The Civilization series are great strategy games. I used to race in an online racing league with rFactor, a great racing sim, and still play IL-2 1946 for my WW2 flight simulation fix. Silent Hunter 4 is good for a submarine simulation. First person shooters are okay too. Loved Operation Flashpoint when it came out.

I also was into Morrowind and Oblivion too, never finished Morrowind but finished Oblivion.

I guess it depends on what mood I'm in. I've just lately gotten back into flight sims, and saw the DCS Blackshark and thought ooh neat.

The above are just the PC games I like, I have a Wii with a golf game and others that I enjoy at times as well.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Crisco

Warband.

www.taleworlds.com

play it.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Warband.

www.taleworlds.com

play it.
I might give that a shot. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Crisco

the best thing about the game is the mod community. Every few months a new one comes out and it's like getting a brand new game or a sequal for free.

It's really an amazing thing.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
jason2130

is warband much different than the original? i have mount and blade and love it, dont really see much difference from the screen shots though between the 2
Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Buzzard

Got the game the other day, just getting ready to install it. I wound up buying a new Corsair modular power supply and a new kick butt EVGA GeForce video card which I still need to install. I would have done that yesterday but let's just say I had a wee bit of a hangover and didn't even get home until late yesterday morning.

In other gaming news, I won the two football games played while getting all lit up again, I love the Yuengling, I love the Yuengling. I even managed to win a best of 5 series playing Cricket in darts, even though my throwing shoulder is in a big state of disrepair.

Time to install the game and see how well my old video card will handle the game with the graphics set to the max.