Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default British teeenagers have lower I.Q. than their counterparts did 30 yers ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...years-ago.html
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
County Mike

It's from all the weed.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Stump Rules!

No it's the booze. They start drinking at the pub at 9 there these days.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It's their mother's faults. They were the ones drinking booze at 9am while pregnant.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Stump Rules!

They had to it was their only way to cope with the fact that they were about to give birth to an infant alcoholic.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-23-2009, 03:03 PM
rearnakedchoke

It is there lack of a proper dental programs .. the bacteria in their teeth makes it's way to the brain and causes disruptions
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM

damm you Americans and your stereotypes!

See do all of you believe that us English have bad teeth as well?!

Because my Girlfriend informs me that whenever someone finds out she is dating an Englishman, the first question they ask, "How are his teeth"!

I never knew you lot percieved us like that!

As for this British Teenagers are idiots, mainly because they lack work ethics now, they expect the world to serve them. Our schooling is appalling and the focus is on meeting certain standards and passing tests that show the school in a good light but at the detriment of a full education.

Also there is this culture of no losers, everyone wins, no one can be better than one another, and so the people who should be streamed as faster learners dont.

And i say that as someone who failed tests to go to a better school, i went to a school of mixed abilities and thrived their, i got better marks than the people who went to exclusive schools because i worked hard and in the end it wasnt because i was dumb, it just took me longer to grasp things! So i guess dumber but i got there in the end!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion

You don't all have bad teeth? We need full smile pics to prove otherwise.

PS: I think the American school systems are declining as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Oh just drink your tea, and eat your crumpets.

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
As for this British Teenagers are idiots, mainly because they lack work ethics now, they expect the world to serve them. Our schooling is appalling and the focus is on meeting certain standards and passing tests that show the school in a good light but at the detriment of a full education.
Honestly, it's really not any different here. Generation Y (kids born 1980 and after) expects the world to give them things for free. In fact, my cousin, who's in college right now, said his college professors actually tell students they should demand things from their future employers. Stupid things such as cell phones, laptop computers, PDA's, etc. and they should also expect to make $5000-$20,000 more per year than the normal pay rate. They feel entitled to these demands because college is more expensive and students are in school for 5 years now instead of 4. Well, the number of credits to graduate hasn't changed, students have just gotten lazier by taking less credits per semester.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Honestly, it's really not any different here. Generation Y (kids born 1980 and after) expects the world to give them things for free. In fact, my cousin, who's in college right now, said his college professors actually tell students they should demand things from their future employers. Stupid things such as cell phones, laptop computers, PDA's, etc. and they should also expect to make $5000-$20,000 more per year than the normal pay rate. They feel entitled to these demands because college is more expensive and students are in school for 5 years now instead of 4. Well, the number of credits to graduate hasn't changed, students have just gotten lazier by taking less credits per semester.
Those lazy bass turds!