Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Question UFC113 Predictions Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SSLR9Fp28

I'm going for The Dragon, and Paul Daley, and Jeremy Stephens and Joey Beltran and...I cant remember the rest oh...Alan Belcher...and Tom Lawlor too
Old 05-04-2010, 12:44 AM

I thought you were going to come through my monitor when you leaned forward to tell about that fighters nickname! it made me laugh

I'm HOPING for Machida, Daley, Stout, Kimbo, Cote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

I'm going for The Dragon, and Paul Daley, and Jeremy Stephens and Joey Beltran and...I cant remember the rest oh...Alan Belcher...and Tom Lawlor too
I think Kos is going to take out Daley. I think he enjoyed choking out Rumble and is going to wise up and not try to stand up with Daley. He seems to be evolving as a fighter. I think he will use his wrestling and take Daley down, similar to what Shields did to him. It Kos is a fool and tries to use his stand up against Daley, he will be a KO victim, similar to his Paolo Thiago fight. Tyburn, I'll bet you on the Daley-Kos fight. If Kos wins, you make a brief video blog in which you hold up a bowl of porridge and in your best Oliver Twist impression say "Please, sir, can I have some more?". If I lose, I'll send you a Churchill souvenir.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I think Kos is going to take out Daley. I think he enjoyed choking out Rumble and is going to wise up and not try to stand up with Daley. He seems to be evolving as a fighter. I think he will use his wrestling and take Daley down, similar to what Shields did to him. It Kos is a fool and tries to use his stand up against Daley, he will be a KO victim, similar to his Paolo Thiago fight. Tyburn, I'll bet you on the Daley-Kos fight. If Kos wins, you make a brief video blog in which you hold up a bowl of porridge and in your best Oliver Twist impression say "Please, sir, can I have some more?". If I lose, I'll send you a Churchill souvenir.

"I believe I have just as good of striking as Paul Daley, well maybe not as good, but I can guarantee you I have as much power. That's for sure," said Koscheck.

"I'm going to stand toe-to-toe with Paul Daley, and if he can take my punches then maybe we'll switch the game plan up, but I plan on going out and standing toe-to-toe. There's no reason for me not to. I've been around a long time, I've had a lot of fights, and I don't have a problem standing up with anybody."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1375&zoneid=13
Old 05-04-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
"I believe I have just as good of striking as Paul Daley, well maybe not as good, but I can guarantee you I have as much power. That's for sure," said Koscheck.

"I'm going to stand toe-to-toe with Paul Daley, and if he can take my punches then maybe we'll switch the game plan up, but I plan on going out and standing toe-to-toe. There's no reason for me not to. I've been around a long time, I've had a lot of fights, and I don't have a problem standing up with anybody."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1375&zoneid=13
Yes, I saw that too. Subsequently, he made the following statement:http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/1/145...na-go-in-there

Quote:
"I believe that if I look past Paul Daley, I’m a fool, and by no means am I looking past him. My only focus is on Paul Daley and beating him. He’s been talking a lot of garbage and I like it. I like the fact that he’s so confident, and I like that he says that he’s ready to go, because that means that after I whip his ass, there are gonna be no excuses. And if he does make excuses, then we’re gonna see what kind of character he has and what type of person Paul Daley is. The funny thing is, Paul Daley keeps saying ‘stand toe-to-toe with me.’ Well, how ‘bout we go out there and get in a wrestling stance? There’s a good chance of that. I’ve got 50 takedowns in me in 15 minutes, I can guarantee you that. And every time Paul Daley goes to bed at night, he’s gotta think "Oh $%^%, Josh Koscheck’s probably gonna take me down and throw me on my head.’ So if you’re a betting man, you better go to Vegas right now, and put money on Josh Koscheck because now that the guy has pissed me off, I can guarantee you that I’m gonna go in there and wrestle his ass down and rear naked choke him in round one. There you have it. I’ll probably beat him up a little bit before I choke him out, but in round one, he’s getting choked out. And that’s what he’s gonna have to sleep with over the next week – ‘How the hell am I gonna stop from getting taken down and put on my ass?’"

Former UFC welterweight number one contender Josh Koscheck changes his tune a bit in his recent UFC 113 blog, moving away from previous claims that he was going to keep it standing against the hard-hitting British import Paul Daley on May 8 in Montreal.
"Semtex" has won four straight with four first round knockouts and "Kos" probably will rely on his bread-and-butter to avoid being number five. The AKA standout is gunning for another crack at division champion Georges St. Pierre with a win next Saturday night. With Fitch and Alves already booked, it seems like beating Daley just might get him there. Any fantasy matchmakers out there have a better choice?

I think Koscheck is trying to play mindgames with Daley. Like I mentioned, he could be a fool and stand with Daley. If he does, he will be punished with a KO for his Hubris. I think he wants a title shot and will use his wrestling to win the fight.

Last edited by Play The Man; 05-04-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Changed "another" to "a" in order to correct a factual error
Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Tyburn, I'll bet you on the Daley-Kos fight. If Kos wins, you make a brief video blog in which you hold up a bowl of porridge and in your best Oliver Twist impression say "Please, sir, can I have some more?". If I lose, I'll send you a Churchill souvenir.
Now THAT'S a bet!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

i though you liked shogun
Old 05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Yes, I saw that too. Subsequently, he made the following statement:http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/1/145...na-go-in-there

I think Koscheck is trying to play mindgames with Daley. Like I mentioned, he could be a fool and stand with Daley. If he does, he will be punished with a KO for his Hubris. I think he wants another title shot and will use his wrestling to win the fight.
Won't this be his first if he wins this fight?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Buc Nasty

Red for who I'm backing, Bold for predictions.

PPV Card
Lyoto Machida (c) vs. Mauricio Rua
Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stephens
Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card
Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet
TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
Tim Hague vs. Joey Beltran
Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon
Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Won't this be his first if he wins this fight?
You are correct. He faced GSP before but it was immediately after GSP lost the title to Serra.