Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Jeval

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you mean it wasn't shown live??? it was shown live up here in canada on sportsnet .... i am sure it must have been shown live down there on some channel
Yeah, I was surprised because I was getting ready to watch it at 10:00 PM (Atlantic Time Zone) on Spike. Instead i noticed it was on in the afternoon on SportsNet.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM

he commercials were irritating, but the fights were great. I didn't think Kos would get KTFO, but that's how it goes sometimes. Everything else went as expected. Kos is the only fight I didn't pick right this time around. I don't know why he was even complaining. He should watch the fight and then call to thank that ref for saving his ass. Had Thiago pounced on him, like many others said already, he would have taken some serious damage.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
TheConcretekid

Did the States get to see all 10 fights like the UK did? Becuase the UK broadcast only had a few commericials and instead played the undercard fights. I guess if you cut out all the hype/talk you could still show all 10 fights and still have time for a bunch of ads, but it just seemed to me that there wouldnt be time to air a bunch of commercials and all 10 fights?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:11 PM
lc87

I think they showed 9 of the fights. I think the one we didn't see is the paul kelly troy medolendes(sp) fight. I only remember one that went all 3 rounds to the decision.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
I think they showed 9 of the fights. I think the one we didn't see is the paul kelly troy medolendes(sp) fight. I only remember one that went all 3 rounds to the decision.
yep we saw all but the Paul Kelly fight.

[
Old 02-22-2009, 07:59 PM

I think Kos deserved a chance to recover.

Yeah he was gone but it seemed to me that any split second he was going to snap back in and protect himself or try to. It probably would not have changed the decision but i think he had the right to try to recover.

I know the terrible dangers but if i was a fighter, who'd trained for months, you are aware of the dangers and you'd want every opportunity to stay inn the fight.

There are many occasions when fighters have fought back, after being dumped on their arse. It wasnt like Josh was like Wandy, Nate Quarry or Chuck, he was still concious and im so sad because i really think Josh is the better fighter but he got caught beautifully.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I think Kos deserved a chance to recover.

Yeah he was gone but it seemed to me that any split second he was going to snap back in and protect himself or try to. It probably would not have changed the decision but i think he had the right to try to recover.

I know the terrible dangers but if i was a fighter, who'd trained for months, you are aware of the dangers and you'd want every opportunity to stay inn the fight.

There are many occasions when fighters have fought back, after being dumped on their arse. It wasnt like Josh was like Wandy, Nate Quarry or Chuck, he was still concious and im so sad because i really think Josh is the better fighter but he got caught beautifully.
agree
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
agree
I never noticed how horribly hairy BJ Penns armpits are until I looked in your siggie. Dont you think Fighters should shave underarm hair before a fight...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I never noticed how horribly hairy BJ Penns armpits are until I looked in your siggie. Dont you think Fighters should shave underarm hair before a fight...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
ummm......