Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-22-2009, 05:25 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
thats how i felt as well, I like not having to pay for it, but I don't do that with the other ufc's either , so all the commercials(which I hate) were pretty irritating, it was a good night of fights though, so I can't complain, too mcuh
you mean it wasn't shown live??? it was shown live up here in canada on sportsnet .... i am sure it must have been shown live down there on some channel
Old 02-22-2009, 05:31 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you mean it wasn't shown live??? it was shown live up here in canada on sportsnet .... i am sure it must have been shown live down there on some channel
I don't know your timezones, but it started at 8PM central time here in america, and I know it started much earlier than that, around like 1 PM time
Old 02-22-2009, 06:00 AM
timmyja

The inconsistency with the refs showed pretty big in the Kos fight.. I'm not a HUGE kos fan but.. I think he was robbed. In both Franklin's second fight with Tanner and his fight with Louiseau he was dropped like that, but with the proper time to recover he came back and won both fights. Chuck fell to Wanderlei twice and ended up winning that fight. I think the ref should have at least made thiago jump in and rain down a couple hammerfists to solidify his win. Hell, Derrick Noble hurt Thiago Alves, and now he's fighting for the title... War Yves Lavigne
Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja
The inconsistency with the refs showed pretty big in the Kos fight.. I'm not a HUGE kos fan but.. I think he was robbed. In both Franklin's second fight with Tanner and his fight with Louiseau he was dropped like that, but with the proper time to recover he came back and won both fights. Chuck fell to Wanderlei twice and ended up winning that fight. I think the ref should have at least made thiago jump in and rain down a couple hammerfists to solidify his win. Hell, Derrick Noble hurt Thiago Alves, and now he's fighting for the title... War Yves Lavigne
Are you being serious?! THere is a HUGE difference between the fights you mentioned and the way that Kos fell. Josh wasn't looking at his opponent and was leaning up off the mat. He's lucky that Paulo realized how ****ed he was otherwise he would have eaten a huge shot completely unprotected.
Rewatch it. the ref made the right call.

[
Old 02-22-2009, 06:11 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Are you being serious?! THere is a HUGE difference between the fights you mentioned and the way that Kos fell. Josh wasn't looking at his opponent and was leaning up off the mat. He's lucky that Paulo realized how ****ed he was otherwise he would have eaten a huge shot completely unprotected.
Rewatch it. the ref made the right call.
I thought Timmyja's way upond first watch, but watching replays, I agree with you 100% percent
Old 02-22-2009, 06:38 AM
atomdanger

Maia is so slick, very nice.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:40 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja
I thought the stop was LATE.

If Thiago hadn't stopped he could have really hurt him,
the ref should have stopped that before KOS hit the ground.
KOS hit the ground with his face sticking up and no hands up, no defense, nothing.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 AM
timmyja

I'll have to rewatch it, but to me, it looked premature. He was cracked, but I don't know.. Other than that, awesome card.. Maia looked phenomenal, as did Marquardt. Good card.. wish some of the ones I paid for were as good
Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

ooookay so I did a foolish thing. I went to bed and woke up the early hours of the morning...and thats when I remembered the event was being hosted in England NOT the U.S

I'll have to watch the repeats tonight.

Didnt do to badly with my picks though, apart from Koscheck and Stevenson
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM
billwilliams70

Got up early, watched all the fights.

Maia is fantastic! How long before he gets a title shot?

Later.