Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Yeah I'm watching right now (I'm in Colombia) at mmahacks.com and it is one of the best cards I have seen in a while!

In my youtube predictions (I get bored here, I don't speak Spanish! Dont judge!) I used my nostradamus like intuition to predict that this card would be the polar opposite of 94 (which had the record number of decisions and lenght of fights) and boy howdy was I right! As of 4:50pm EST all but 1 fight has ended by Sub, KO or TKO and there is only one fight left, which is Diego Stevenson!

This card rocks! So much better than 94. Take that all you haters claiming this card was lame!

I guess the fighters listened to Dana during his little pep talk in his vlog.

Sucks for who ever has to pick the fight/knockout of the night.
when your watching a ufc illegally on the internet its best not to point out the site where your watching it on a public forum or it will get shut down fast
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
matthughesfan21

just saw the kos fight on Spike, well I am happy about the outcome, but that was a very very bad stoppage, sure he dropped, but he started to lean back up and hadn't even taken another shot yet...He has reason to be upset about that
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 AM
matthughesfan21

just saw the replay, and I might have changed my stance on the stoppage...His eyes rolled back and he looked out cold, he might have been able to recover, but his hands were also down, so he could have taken some big follow up shots as well
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Black Mamba

UFC 95 AWARDS AND BONUSES
(All awards include a $40,000 bonus for each fighter.)

UFC 95 Fight of the Night
Diego Sanchez and Joe Stevenson

UFC 95 Knockout of the Night
Paulo Thiago

UFC 95 Submission of the Night
Demian Maia
Old 02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
when your watching a ufc illegally on the internet its best not to point out the site where your watching it on a public forum or it will get shut down fast
False
Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 AM
rearnakedchoke

oaky, so i was wrong .. i thought sanchez would dominate and he didn't .... his UD IMO didn't live up to what it was worth ... BJ will eat florian and anyone else in the LW div .... plain and simple

maia is sick ...

kos got ko'd .... maybe and early stoppage, but had the ref let it go further, he would have been hurt more

nate needs another shot, but i don't see it being anydiffernt
Old 02-22-2009, 04:02 AM
Mac

The card didnt look that great on paper , but when it came right down to it , It was some very exciting fights , semmed like they were all first round ko's lol . At first i thought the kos fight was stopped early till i saw the replay , he his eyes were looking into the 5th row. SOme great kos tonight and i gotta hand it to Diego , looked like he handled the cut great and he looks good at 55.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba

Paulo Thiago

Demian Maia
Blah, thought the Diego/Joe fight was a tad on the boring side but wont complain. Joe has just gotta do something besides box he did absolutely nothing else.
I thought Nate fight was pretty darn good as well and like to see him fight Okami and for next shot at title(im assuming hendo/bisping winner will get next?)
Ya, i was a little shocked at the Kos fight, Thiago just did'nt look really good in his standup,but badda bing badda bam KO.
Not a bad UFC card can't complain too much as it was free.
*on side note,maybe it was just me,but I felt I was watching all commercials with a few fights thrown inbetween...
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba

Paulo Thiago

Demian Maia
i think that is pretty much right, but i'd say the kelly/rudeboy fight was a little more exciting ..sure, kelly beat his ass, but there were a few moments in there that rudeboy almost slapped on a sub
Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Blah, thought the Diego/Joe fight was a tad on the boring side but wont complain. Joe has just gotta do something besides box he did absolutely nothing else.
I thought Nate fight was pretty darn good as well and like to see him fight Okami and for next shot at title(im assuming hendo/bisping winner will get next?)
Ya, i was a little shocked at the Kos fight, Thiago just did'nt look really good in his standup,but badda bing badda bam KO.
Not a bad UFC card can't complain too much as it was free.
*on side note,maybe it was just me,but I felt I was watching all commercials with a few fights thrown inbetween...
thats how i felt as well, I like not having to pay for it, but I don't do that with the other ufc's either , so all the commercials(which I hate) were pretty irritating, it was a good night of fights though, so I can't complain, too mcuh