Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
I haven't read the thread but yes he is the goat
For the record, he is, and for the other record, you have to be very careful how you use goat around here,(Mac gets a little crazy)
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I know some people who jumped on the Serra bandwagon that Matt's "an arrogant dick", but of those people, none of them have ever denied that Matt's the most dominant fighter in UFC history, period. Many predict GSP will surpass him, but that could still be an opinion if he does break some of Matt's records. The truth for me holds that Matt finished fights rather than drawing them out for 25 minutes. This is meant as no disrespect to GSP, but MMA is all about finishing your opponent IMO.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Stump Rules!

Yes, Matt Hughes....he gets the job done!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
sender

this is common knolage... unless you spend you days on sherdog then you might think something rediculous like tank abbot is the GOAT or something.

EXTREME!!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
For the record, he is, and for the other record, you have to be very careful how you use goat around here,(Mac gets a little crazy)
nothing subliminal intended
Old 05-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

There is no measurement for "Greatest" thats the problem.

My personal opinion is that he is the most dominant and prolific Champion the UFC have ever had, and almost certainly ever will have.

The reason I believe is two fold. Firstly he actually is a Martial Artist, and thats where the majority of those considered Great have failed to be the Greatest. Martial Arts is not a way of fighting, it is a way of living. This next generation have forgotten that. They dedicate their life, not to a philosophy but to a physical skill which they cant hope to keep forever. Matt Hughes works on a farm...do you see the difference? I am not talking about work ethos here...I am talking almost about priorities. Some Great Fighters live to fight...and sooner or later, the fight will kill them, because they cant go on fighting forever...that window is a tiny sliver of there life about ten years in length on average...what happens when they cant fight anymore??

What will happen when Matt Hughes cant fight anymore? He will carry on being a farmer. The non fighting things that martial arts teach are WAY more important then the fighting...because they can be applied to everything for a whole life time.

So...after you consider his Fighting, you have to admit he is a Great. Then I ask you to consider, how he matches up to the ideology of a Martial Artist away from fighting...you'll find noone else in his league like him...except perhaps Fedor.

Here is the second reason. Matt Hughes has, as Scriptures would say "Found Favour" with Our Lord. The stigma placed on Matt Hughes far outweighes any other Christian Fighter...you dont see this sort of hate leveled at Rich Franklin, Benson Henderson, Roger Huerta...or anyone else. Ask yourself why?

I will attempt to answer...it is my belief that Matt Hughes is seen by the Enemy as a big threat. Some threats are best ignored, because if you dont draw attention to them, they can pass by. Who really remembers Leonard Garcia vs Roger Huerta anymore...or at least the ending...who really takes Randy Couture seriously...when his life has far to many obvious skelletons in the public domain...But..Matt Hughes just wouldnt go away, he just wouldnt be quiet...and that means that the enemy have to actually try and silence him, and they do this by voicing opposition....and thats what you see on Sherdog...and all over many video predictions. Matt Hughes hasnt held the Belt in nearly FOUR YEARS...and they still hate on him as much now as then...Do they still even remember anyone else from that era

This is because in the same way that Matt Hughes wont change with or without the fighting, he doesnt change whether with belt or with out

But look how GOD has blessed him. This forum only founded its conception almost a year before THE END of Matts Second Title Reign...and its grown, and grown...

The reason Matt Hughes upsets everyone is because he doesnt need the belt to be a Champion, it annoys the Mixed Martial Arts fans, it annoys the Heathen. Whats worse for them is they know, he wont change when he retires either...he doesnt need them, he doesnt relay on them, he wont crumble without them...he plays on all their insecurities by simply Being...and this is because he has found favour with GOD...who describes himself, not a "doing" but as "Being" Its Humans who have to do...GOD simply is...he says "I AM" and those who place their contentment in that, are destined to become just like that.

Noone is perfect, but some are closer to it then others
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Shane Lee 2

I think its like the beauty in the eye of the beholder thing............. I think it is how do you see Matt Hughes...... What has he done that puts him on top for you? BTW.... I cheated and didnt read the article soI'm just talking....

And as far as Matts concerned I truly believe that he would rather be called the greatest family man, friend, and father than anything else.............. And that my friends is what put him at the top of my list!!