Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default heick Kongo: Back injury may delay possible Roy Nelson fight

From the badazzzzz Parisian

"I have to be able to start my preparation - the thing I haven't done yet. I am still injured. I don't think it would happen at UFC 116. Maybe later but not then. I didn't get any word from the UFC [on Nelson]. I have my manager Anthony who's working on that and as of today, I'm just actively recovering and nothing else."

UFC heavyweight striker Cheick Kongo talks about his slow recovery from a back injury suffered in his fight against Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello at UFC on Versus last March. The Parisian is waiting on word from his doctors on whether or not he needs surgery to correct the lingering problem -- which would pretty much put the kibosh on his rumored UFC 116 fight against Roy Nelson. Anyone else think this may be an opportunity to pair "Big Country" up with Frank Mir for a rematch from Grapplers Quest?

Ohhh.. I do like this idea.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Chris F

Good he was just a can anyways. He should fight Nog or Mir next. His third fight in should not be against a can. My guess is they will feed him Crazy Horse if he is even still around.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Good he was just a can anyways. He should fight Nog or Mir next. His third fight in should not be against a can. My guess is they will feed him Crazy Horse if he is even still around.
What? Oh, you mean the Texas Crazy horse, he was on mmajunkie radio not to long ago and said he gets more money doing movies. So I bet he'll do those instead of fighting.

Crazy horse will be fighting KJ Noons is stirkforce on June 16th, or so rumor has it.

I can't believe Kongo and Roy aren't fighting, I mean after we talked about that fight on it's own thread and all, how rude!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
What? Oh, you mean the Texas Crazy horse, he was on mmajunkie radio not to long ago and said he gets more money doing movies. So I bet he'll do those instead of fighting.

Crazy horse will be fighting KJ Noons is stirkforce on June 16th, or so rumor has it.

I can't believe Kongo and Roy aren't fighting, I mean after we talked about that fight on it's own thread and all, how rude!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

poor Cheick
Old 05-02-2010, 09:09 PM

he'd have lost anyways...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
he'd have lost anyways...
Old 05-02-2010, 10:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
O c'mon, Dave, he's got no ground game. Roy woulda taken him down & subbed him out. Don't get upset because you don't like the logic behind someone's post.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
O c'mon, Dave, he's got no ground game. Roy woulda taken him down & subbed him out. Don't get upset because you don't like the logic behind someone's post.
Bearly anyone ever finished Cheick Kongo. To assume a podgy TUFer could finish him is NOT logic
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Bearly anyone ever finished Cheick Kongo. To assume a podgy TUFer could finish him is NOT logic
Man you get really sensitive about Frenchie, don't you?

You also get very selective in your memory when it comes to opponents of your favorites, huh? The only time that Cheick's faced anyone with any kind of reliable ground game, he's gotten beat. Go back through his record & show me a top fighter with a good gruond game that he's beaten. Paul Buentello? Antoni Hardonk? Al-Turk? Cro Cop? Seriously, Dave, no one likes blind fanaticism.

Roy, on the other hand, has taken down all kinds of top level fighters, including Andrei, Mir, Rothwell & Monson. Now I'm sure that you're just dieing to point out that he lost to all these fighters, which is absolutely correct. The difference is that those 4 guys all have ground games which allowed them to stop Roy. What's Chieck's greatest accomplishment on the ground? Laying on top of a washed up Cro Cop?