Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Do you wanna know why I dont like you?


[/I]so now not only has this been brought upon yourself but Upon YOUR allies

WTF you dont like me


The second part is exactly what I am saying this will harm everyone
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Yeah because W didnt have a tough situation when he started. FOlks are going to look back in a year and Wish George was still there.
I am already wishing that
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
WTF you dont like me


The second part is exactly what I am saying this will harm everyone
No I like you Ben...I'm just showing you how it feels when you write things like that to others

plus I was trying to show you that there was a BIG difference between bailing out the Banks which your Government HAD to do...and bailing out any other business. The Government werent saving your Bankers because they liked them...but because if they didnt they would send the whole world into a Financial chasm.

Now ANY other industry is probably not worth the money because it doesnt effect the WHOLE world.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I agree. If everyone wasn't so effin' greedy they never would have gotten into this mess.Why do the people high up in companies have to make millions, or even billions when they can live just fine off of hundreds of thousands
Says the woman lusting after a 1.5 million dollar car....................
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
internationalharvester
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
hey man .. proof is in the pudding .. i have a buddy who swears by domestic ..... only thing he drives is pick-ups and muscles cars .... of course domestic is king at that ..doesn't mean that caters to the mainstream .. mainstream worries about sedans and coupes and the japs currently run that business .. and imo, that is the side of the business that the domestic market has neglected ...

really i mean really? who built this country? people in cities driving cars? how many times you ever see a contractor pull up to a job in a sedan or a coupe? and to say that domestic is crap? i have a 96 silverado that has more miles than 99% of jap cars....can you say 200,000 club? and shes still runnin strong so you can take your jap scrap and shove it
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalharvester
really i mean really? who built this country? people in cities driving cars? how many times you ever see a contractor pull up to a job in a sedan or a coupe? and to say that domestic is crap? i have a 96 silverado that has more miles than 99% of jap cars....can you say 200,000 club? and shes still runnin strong so you can take your jap scrap and shove it
I dont know much about cars myself
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont know much about cars myself
I know a bit about cars,,
I have a 08 GMC sierra that gets 22 miles per on the highway and about 16 around town,,
and i also have 09 G8 that gets around 34 on the highway and well over 20 in the city and love both of them,,
imports dont do any better then that and most not as good,
a friend of mine bought a 08 Tundra last year and his mileage is not very good and the thing has so much body roll its hard to drive on the highway when its windy,,he wishes he never bought the thing,,
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No I like you Ben...I'm just showing you how it feels when you write things like that to others

plus I was trying to show you that there was a BIG difference between bailing out the Banks which your Government HAD to do...and bailing out any other business. The Government werent saving your Bankers because they liked them...but because if they didnt they would send the whole world into a Financial chasm.

Now ANY other industry is probably not worth the money because it doesnt effect the WHOLE world.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalharvester
really i mean really? who built this country? people in cities driving cars? how many times you ever see a contractor pull up to a job in a sedan or a coupe? and to say that domestic is crap? i have a 96 silverado that has more miles than 99% of jap cars....can you say 200,000 club? and shes still runnin strong so you can take your jap scrap and shove it
Amen People ask me why I don't own a Honda, and I just tell them the truth, they are awesome, but WAY too expensive to fix.

I had a 1985 Ford Tempo, 1996 Saturn SL1 (totalled), 2004 Saturn Ion, and now own a 2005 Mazda 6s Hatch. All four cars have been awesome--the Mazda is quickly coming up on 50K and is doing great, I've spent only about 200 fixing it so far--goes in soon for a big repair, just wear and tear repair stuff, but all I've done are oil changes and tires. Plus a fixed bumper b/c I stupidly ran into a friends car but that was my fault.

The Saturns were great too--I would love to buy one as a project car soon, and my brother now has the Ion, which is going on 90K. People will have different perceptions on cars. Heck people made fun of me for owning a saturn, but it was low maintenace and got me from point A to B.

The Mazda is Japanese yes, but is owned 36% by ford, which means I can buy Ford Fusion parts and put them on the Mazda = cheap. Oil changes are 19 dollars and the car was manufactured in Flint Hill, Michigan in March of 2005. It is a great car and high quality with a great warranty (got the extended warranty until 90K miles

so yeah, cars will take care of you if you take care of them. Unless you have a lemon
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Let me say the most reliable cars in England are Fords but they are made in England.

I can never get my head round why the American Car Industry is failing.

For me, yeah the economic started with America but Finance is a international game with no boundaries so whoever was silly enough to make these investments and give people money who can't afford it are all too blame. Not a specific country.

However people like Madoff should be hung
and how i wish Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister or President of the USA because that way, we would be out of this mess!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.