Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:23 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Like Drago said about Apollo in Rocky 4, "If he dies, he dies." Same should be said for industries that have bad practices. If a mom & pop operation dies for the same reason as the big businesses, they don't get a bailout, they go bankrupt and/or have to rethink their strategy in order to earn business again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
Thats why I dont like you that kind of comment about American products is absurd.
I disagree with bailouts totally. But if you give a bailout to the banks why not auto industry. See what I am getting at is this should have never started but since it has where does it stop. Now they want One National Bank comeon the last thing we need is more government. But regretfully thats the opposite of Democrat platforms that stress Bigger Government. And to top it off we have a President who is a Socialise
hey, just because i think american cars are inferior, doesnt' mean i think all american products are inferior .. plain and simple , american cars are shyte and not worth the metal they are made of .... people who peddle american autos are peddling crap and need to find a new occupation .... cuz i can just as simply gather the crap from the sewers and try and get the govt to bail me out for selling shtye ....

i feel bad for all the people that may lose jobs .. but there have been many indicators to the big three showing that their product is crap, they should have realised it, they didn't and now they should just be allowed to shrivel up and die like the rest of the companies that haven't been able to adapt to the level of products on the markets
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
hey, just because i think american cars are inferior, doesnt' mean i think all american products are inferior .. plain and simple , american cars are shyte and not worth the metal they are made of .... people who peddle american autos are peddling crap and need to find a new occupation .... cuz i can just as simply gather the crap from the sewers and try and get the govt to bail me out for selling shtye ....

i feel bad for all the people that may lose jobs .. but there have been many indicators to the big three showing that their product is crap, they should have realised it, they didn't and now they should just be allowed to shrivel up and die like the rest of the companies that haven't been able to adapt to the level of products on the markets
I think these comment here is total BS, where-as some foreign cars may get better gas mileage, I do believe that there are still plenty of awesome american cars out there, the viper, camero, corvette, gto, corvette, etc. are all awesome, sweet cars, and no matter where they are made, that doesn't change anything about the quality of product at hand
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
I understand that but what I am saying is that every political figure has a group that backs them. You see where I am going? And they will scratch their fellow Political coworkers only if they will scratch theirs. It's yeah I will help you get your bill passed but you have to help me with mine. It is a visious cycle but that is American Government. This is out of control
i get what you are saying, and with the way you say it, Ben...I sort of agree with what you are saying....that is why I believe, that we should get rid of lobbyists because it just keeps this back and forth political process going...But at some point, we as a country have to realize, that this bailout didn't work, so in order to conserve our economy, we should now bailout this other industry, survival of the fittest should play a part in this process IMO, if the industry has poor practices and doesn't survive, it is their problem, let another BETTER practicing industry take their place
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I think these comment here is total BS, where-as some foreign cars may get better gas mileage, I do believe that there are still plenty of awesome american cars out there, the viper, camero, corvette, gto, corvette, etc. are all awesome, sweet cars, and no matter where they are made, that doesn't change anything about the quality of product at hand
have you ever owned one of those cars??? they look nice and drive nice, but suck gas and break down like nothing else .... give anyone who drives those cars a g35, maxima, TT or 350Z and they won't go back .. the cars you mentioned were made with pride back in the day, but today, they are worthless ... they are trying to make money of the historic names of those vehicles ...

hey, nothing will make me more happy than to drive a domestic that is worth is ..my pops had an impala that had more than a million miles ... it was made in the 70's and was better than anything ... but they are skimping on quality now and that doesn't fly
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Its bad , and its gonna get worse , a wholeeeeee lot worse. The guy i refer to as " The Slap Bracelt " of presidents got elected and he is going to be the downfall of this great nation , Mark my words fellas, Minute men are not far off.

I call him a slap bracelt because thats all he is , a short lived fad , and pretty soon , everyone that voted for him is going to realize just how dumb and tacky it really is , just like slap bracelets of the early 90's
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
have you ever owned one of those cars??? they look nice and drive nice, but suck gas and break down like nothing else .... give anyone who drives those cars a g35, maxima, TT or 350Z and they won't go back .. the cars you mentioned were made with pride back in the day, but today, they are worthless ... they are trying to make money of the historic names of those vehicles ...

hey, nothing will make me more happy than to drive a domestic that is worth is ..my pops had an impala that had more than a million miles ... it was made in the 70's and was better than anything ... but they are skimping on quality now and that doesn't fly
Ohhhhh horse****. Give me a light bit of automotive background yo u may have and ill still call hor****. Let me guess , youve got the High out put decal kit from autozone on your camry and you have the trilogy series of the fast and the furious.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Its bad , and its gonna get worse , a wholeeeeee lot worse. The guy i refer to as " The Slap Bracelt " of presidents got elected and he is going to be the downfall of this great nation , Mark my words fellas, Minute men are not far off.

I call him a slap bracelt because thats all he is , a short lived fad , and pretty soon , everyone that voted for him is going to realize just how dumb and tacky it really is , just like slap bracelets of the early 90's
you may be right, but you have to admit that hussein was left with a tough situation ... an economy that has been better ..... what is he supposed to do???? if he were to sit around and do nothing, people would say, he is doing nothing to help the struggling economy ... now he is trying to implement a program that GWB was trying to implement, but at a higher scale and people are saying he is doomed for failure .... what can you expect from him
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you may be right, but you have to admit that hussein was left with a tough situation ... an economy that has been better ..... what is he supposed to do???? if he were to sit around and do nothing, people would say, he is doing nothing to help the struggling economy ... now he is trying to implement a program that GWB was trying to implement, but at a higher scale and people are saying he is doomed for failure .... what can you expect from him
Yeah because W didnt have a tough situation when he started. FOlks are going to look back in a year and Wish George was still there.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Ohhhhh horse****. Give me a light bit of automotive background yo u may have and ill still call hor****. Let me guess , youve got the High out put decal kit from autozone on your camry and you have the trilogy series of the fast and the furious.
HUH??? ... again .. not saying the potential ain't there ... but the last domestic i owned broke down plenty of times .... i went foreign and never had as many problems .. i think the dom industry have the potential to make great vehicles, but they havent proved me right in the last decade or so ... just a fact
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.