Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Preach

Default Change you can believe in

If you spent 1 million dollars everyday since JESUS was born, you wouldn't spend as much as Obama and the Federal Government is spending on this stimulas package.

We will never pay for this and it just might be the death of our country. Way to go Dems. You talk about heading down a long terrible road. This should scare every human being in the World regardless of your country, this will affect everyone. Don't Blame me I voted McCain
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Oddtodd76

Obama campaigned against the republicans stating that bush has had the highest budget defecit in the history of the US. Obama has tripled that within 30 days! 30 freaking days!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It is sad, expect our quality of life to drop drastically.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

I think the money for the stilmulus package is not a bad idea, but the money for the auto industry bailout is the big mistake ... they should let the american auto industry die if they can run their companies right ... at least the stimulus plan is for most people, the auto bailout are only for those in the business of selling inferior products
Old 02-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I think the money for the stilmulus package is not a bad idea, but the money for the auto industry bailout is the big mistake ... they should let the american auto industry die if they can run their companies right ... at least the stimulus plan is for most people, the auto bailout are only for those in the business of selling inferior products
I disagree and also dont like you very much
Old 02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
I disagree and also dont like you very much
hahaha .... so you agree with pissing away money to people who can't run a company properly than to spread money out to most of the people to try and spark the entire economy rather than just one sector?

well, i think both ideas are probably not the best, but if i would have to choose one it would be the stimulus package ... but you are just a hypocrite who thinks spending money on the auto industry is a good idea because it probably effects you in a positive way .... which i'll say again, makes you a hypocrite .....

you don't like me very well? that really upsets me .. LOL
Old 02-21-2009, 06:42 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I think the money for the stimulus package is not a bad idea, but the money for the auto industry bailout is the big mistake ... they should let the american auto industry die if they can run their companies right ... at least the stimulus plan is for most people, the auto bailout are only for those in the business of selling inferior products
wow yeah they should let the car industries die. With all those lost jobs that would really help boost the economy then all their homes will go into foreclosure then we will get another stimulas to help these other people in foreclosure. big companies like GM brings in lots of jobs.

I believe in helping the people that need it I do agree with that. I dont think we need to help the people that bought away to expensive house and could never afford it in the first place. Oh yeah and that economic stimulus check we got last year.....that turned out not doing much for the economy so i think jobs need to be created before giving money to the people and if that means businesses saved than im for it. but most of the stuff in this stimulus is pork spending and probably wont do much so i really would be surprised if it actually help out our economy.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
medic92

The stimulus package is a giant bloated mess that even Obama has admitted might not work. Expanding government and giving away money encourages people to just sit back and wait for the government to take care of them rather than spurring them to work harder and spend smarter. Massive government spending will depress the economy rather than stimulate it, increasing costs for everyone for generations to come.

I also disagree with government bailing out the auto industry. Where does it end?

It's an ugly road that sees the government eventually taking over the banking industry, regulating salaries (not just for executives either, just wait for it).

Now that companies that accept bailout funds are going to have executive salaries regulated, how long before that precedent allows government to set salaries in other areas?

I'm a truck driver. The price of hauling and delivering freight affects consumer prices of almost all goods in this country. How long before the government decides that the cost of hauling freight is just too much and decides to regulate the amount that trucking companies can charge to deliver freight?

I've never been literally afraid of the direction a government was taking this country. I always thought we could survive four or eight years of almost any government, but now I'm not so sure. Obama is laying the groundwork to socialize our government and country, and putting that cat back in the bag once it's out is going to be nearly impossible. The role of government as envisioned by the founding fathers is long gone and if we don't reverse this trend, the eventual collapse of our country is inevitable.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
hizo64

I love threads with fights!! and yeah I think the Dems have officially killed this country...
Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
The stimulus package is a giant bloated mess that even Obama has admitted might not work. Expanding government and giving away money encourages people to just sit back and wait for the government to take care of them rather than spurring them to work harder and spend smarter. Massive government spending will depress the economy rather than stimulate it, increasing costs for everyone for generations to come.

I also disagree with government bailing out the auto industry. Where does it end?

It's an ugly road that sees the government eventually taking over the banking industry, regulating salaries (not just for executives either, just wait for it).

Now that companies that accept bailout funds are going to have executive salaries regulated, how long before that precedent allows government to set salaries in other areas?

I'm a truck driver. The price of hauling and delivering freight affects consumer prices of almost all goods in this country. How long before the government decides that the cost of hauling freight is just too much and decides to regulate the amount that trucking companies can charge to deliver freight?

I've never been literally afraid of the direction a government was taking this country. I always thought we could survive four or eight years of almost any government, but now I'm not so sure. Obama is laying the groundwork to socialize our government and country, and putting that cat back in the bag once it's out is going to be nearly impossible. The role of government as envisioned by the founding fathers is long gone and if we don't reverse this trend, the eventual collapse of our country is inevitable.
If that didn't scare you enough, Obama is politicizing the census. Which will allow the Democrats to create for themselves a false majority in the American population and alter the number of representatives each state gets. So liberal states can get more power in the government and conservative states will lose votes. Basically it's a way for the Dems to keep themselves in power forever.