Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM
GnP

Default Kos to coach TUF 12?

Going home again. That could be the theme of “The "Ultimate Fighter Season 12” for Josh Koscheck if he is indeed chosen as a coach for the next season of the popular Spike TV reality show.

The American Kickboxing Academy welterweight got his start on the show five years ago, and if rumors stand true, the winner of the upcoming fight between Koscheck and British fighter Paul Daley could determine who will coach opposite UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Koscheck admits that if the UFC comes calling to ask him to coach the show, he'd definitely accept and would be happy to be back on “The Ultimate Fighter."

"It definitely would be fun. I think it would be a great opportunity, and I would definitely take the UFC up on it," said Koscheck in a recent interview with MMAWeekly Radio.

Make no mistake about it, Koscheck only has one thing on his mind right now and that's Paul Daley. He says that Daley is the only thing that motivates him right now, and he doesn't want anyone to think he's looking past him and to a future match-up with St. Pierre.

"Right now I'm focused on just winning May 8. That's all I care about. That's the most important thing for me, and I've sacrificed a lot to get here and I'm going to continue to sacrifice and grow as a fighter, and grow as a person. I can tell you this, I'm in a great place right now and I'm happy, and I'm just ready to throw down. I'm ready to go at it," Koscheck stated.

Featured as the co-main event for the UFC 113, Koscheck looks to take care of business against Daley, but if all goes well he's more than happy to start talking about a shot at St-Pierre, the welterweight title, and a stint as coach on “The Ultimate Fighter."

"I'm focused on that right now, and once we get past May 8, then we'll party and let everybody start talking about how I'm going to kick St-Pierre's ass," said Koscheck.

Josh Koscheck will close out camp this week in San Jose, Calif., before traveling to Montreal for his fight with Paul Daley, and a possible shot at TUF and GSP on the line.

I have a few issues with this. If GSP is definitely coaching tuf 12 does that mean it’s at least another six months until he fights again? If kos beats daley (although I don’t see it going that way) does anyone really want to see GSP v KOS 2? To me it has five round whitewash written all over it.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
County Mike

I think that would be alright. Who else is ready to challenge GSP?
Season 12 is supposed to be lightweights I think.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:17 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think that would be alright. Who else is ready to challenge GSP?
Season 12 is supposed to be lightweights I think.
I know what you mean he has totally cleaned out the division and I think even if he beats Kos Daley would need one more top tier fight. How about signing Jake shields? Then he can coach TUF and challenge for the belt in his first UFC fight. Would be hard to deny his credentials for an immediate shot especially with the division the way it is.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Well, i think GSP vs Jake Shields will be the next fight .. Jake is going to be in the UFC and Anderson has an opponent in Sonnen .. so it makes sense ... putting a title on hold for a season of TUF does not make sense ..
Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Maldonado136

i just want gsp to fight shields. like i said in another thread he needs to be challenged on the ground.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Miss Foxy

I can't stand Josh K.. Uggg..