Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM

I know I've razzed you, Ben, but so far so good. I can't wait for the continuation...

BTW, what's wrong with the word, "y'all"? You might have noticed I use it quite frequently; it's one of our southern basics.

And, Kim, don't feel too bad, I'm directionally dyslexic myself.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I know I've razzed you, Ben, but so far so good. I can't wait for the continuation...

BTW, what's wrong with the word, "y'all"? You might have noticed I use it quite frequently; it's one of our southern basics.

Well.. both Ben and Kim gave me directions.. still got lost.. but we hit a street that Ben mentioned.. all was good in the world.

I have a few videos on the way myself
Old 02-25-2009, 11:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

I use y'all all the time! I actually have to proof read my academic papers to make sure I didn't accidentally toss one in!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I use y'all all the time! I actually have to proof read my academic papers to make sure I didn't accidentally toss one in!
Yes, it can be a pain in the butt when writing. What do you use when writing?

I remember when you were not allowed to use the '; everything had to be spelled out. Now since they have accepted all this "slang" it seems they are not as strict.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Stump Rules!

Ben.Awesome

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

The drive up.. Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDeUh8ruCVA

Part of Whisper's fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_iveNB9uvk

After the fights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nkc5NQmvQQ
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

You learn quickly my young Padawan .... you did however incure the wrath of the Sith Lord Michelle ... never start a thread in the MH section unless its complete and the force is strong ...

good tale brother ..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Part II

It was fantastic hanging out, watching Matt & Robbie interacting with their fans. Here’s a few pics & a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzMu...eature=related

This next pic is a sequel of sorts. I’m sure all of you have read Amy’s Walter Reid thread (right? ). Well, she mentions this towards the end of her first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
I want to say how cool it was for the UWC to give free tickets to the soldiers to go to the fights. They had a bus that they loaded up to drive them there and back.

~Amy
The next picture is of one of the lucky vets who got to come to the fights. He was there with his wife & kids. I dunno if y’all can tell, but this guy had lost both legs & an arm, but he was just all smiles & joking around.

This next pic is my second favorite of the whole night (after the one of me, Matt & Robbie, of course!). This is Matt talking to the event people to make sure that wearing his pass would get me back-stage access!!!

(FYI, Boomer: this is about the point in the story that I chickened out! )

After hanging out until about 7pm (the fights were slated to start at 7:30), Jeff, Amy & I decided to see where our passes could get us. We wondered through the open door in the above pic, then just kinda ambled through the bowels of the Patriot Center for a bit. After awhile, we found our way to the floor of the center.

Here’s the cage itself. It was hexagonal, I’m guessing so that they wouldn’t have any legal problems with the UFC:

O, and just a side note: my camera lens was not dirty. They had a bunch of smoke/dry ice going all night, so my flash picked up all the little particles in the air. Stupid Dave making fun of my stupid busted camera.

So the three of us were hanging out, flipping out about the access we got just because of Matt, and out walks the crappiest ref in the business!!

Don’t worry, Matt, I got payback for you: on Facebook, he’s tagged as “Mario ‘What Groin Strike?’ Yamasaki”. O yeah, zing!!

After that, we decided to make our way towards our seats. As we were walking down the main concourse, we ran into Kim, Dave & Ryan. After wandering & chatting, Amy & Jeff went off to find their super-awesome Media people seats, while the 4 of us started the long hike up to our $35 nose-bleed seats.

We were way further away than Jeff & Amy, obviously, but considering it was only a small CAA arena, there really were no bad seats. Here’s a couple of shots of the first fight of the night, Kris “Savage” McCray vs. Manny “Postura’ Okorie:

Kris ended up winning with a Rear Naked Choke late in the first. It was a dominate performance by him, a lot of fun to watch.

As we were watching the next fight (Kyle “The Alleycat” Baker vs. Levon “The Main Man” Maynard; Dave, Kim: deep breathes, count to 10, move on! ), I noticed something: the section right over top of the fighter’s entrance was completely empty. I mean, there was nobody there. I couldn’t even see a security guard standing over there! I decided that it’d be a much better place to sit. I mentioned that to Dave & he was on board 100%, so off we went to the opposite corner of the stands. They got there before me (I went to check out some other seats, but they were lame). When I finally got over there, I walked in & suddenly there was a security guard standing in front of me (I think he got fired after a debacle at UFC 83 & was demoted to a regional show).

“I’m sorry, sir, I’m going to need to see your –”

At this point I flashed my/Matt’s Fighter badge. The guy glanced down, his eyes went wide & he quickly stepped out of my way. I love having back stage power!!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Stump Rules!

It is the Matt Hughes section. Maybe we should name it "The Matt Hughes Only no Homework Section"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
You learn quickly my young Padawan .... you did however incure the wrath of the Sith Lord Michelle ... never start a thread in the MH section unless its complete and the force is strong ...

good tale brother ..

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
It is the Matt Hughes section. Maybe we should name it "The Matt Hughes Only no Homework Section"

OR write all your papers about Matt Hughes!

[