Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Quebec denies David Loiseau license to fight John Salter at UFC 113 in Montreal

THAT BLOWS!!!!!

Some guys just can't catch a break.

The Quebec Athletic Commission has denied Montreal native David Loiseau a license to compete against John Salter at the upcoming UFC 113: "Machida vs. Shogun II" event at the Bell Centre on May 8, according to The Canadian Press.

A reason for the denial is unknown at this time however "The Crow" did not take the news well, as he vented on his official Facebook page:

10 years of my life to the sport of MMA. Opened doors for Quebec fighters, put Quebec on the map, helped built the sport in Quebec. Now the Quebec commission wont let me fight... UNACCEPTABLE.

Loiseau was widely expected to replace the injured Nick Catone; however, the UFC did not officially announce his participation.

http://www.thescore.com/mma/articles...rd-in-montreal
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

That sucks ... as a Crow fan, I would like to see him fight again ... but he had some breaks and threw it away ... he didn't come to fight in the Swick or Herman fights and maybe other would have ... and now has to deal with stuff like this ... can't wait to see why they denied his licence, but we'll see ...
Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Is that typical not to give a reason?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Is that typical not to give a reason?
I think the article means "they" don't know the reason. I'm sure DL was given a reason.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I think the article means "they" don't know the reason. I'm sure DL was given a reason.
Oh, ok, thanks for answering.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh, ok, thanks for answering.
That's my interpretation of it lol. That'd be messed up if they were to have just said no lol.

DAVID: "Hey yall, can I fight this guy?"
THEM: "um, NO!"

lol
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
wavetar

Even though he's never been the same since the Franklin fight, I still always hope the Crow can put it together & go on another UFC run. This article here gives a lot more detail as to why he was denied:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/U...740506-cp.html

Basically, it's a lot of BS in my opinion. Even if they grant him a license by this Friday, as they say will likely happen, it appears Jason MacDonald has already been named as the replacement for the fight. That is at least one positive to come out of it, since I'm a fan of 'The Athlete'.

Since it's in Montreal, I'm hopeful the UFC will line up another fight for David, so he can fight in his home province...although there's already a ton of Canadian fighters on the card, so probably not.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
atomdanger

This is complete BS.

What crap reasons being thrown around, accusing him of being tied to organized crime, etc...
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quebec has always had a very strict commission.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Half this card is UFC fighters who were cut already for sucking Doesn't look to be a good card in that respect, but hey, if they suspect of his past dealings one can only assume they know more about the story than you or I.

If their policy attests to the integrity of MMA in their land I would favor the resolve as well.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/