Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Do you think fans still judge you based on what happened in the first season of TUF?

You know, I really don't know, and I really don't care. I'm here to do my job, and my job is to fight, and win fights, and put on exciting fights. I don't care what fans' perception of me is. There's going to be fans that love me, there's going to be fans out there that hate me. My job isn't to worry about what the fans care. My job is to go out there and put on exciting fights for the fans and fight as many times as I can for myself and my career.

If you could pick one guy in the welterweight division to face right now, who would it be?

All of them. I don't care who I fight, I don't care where who it is, and I don't care when it is. So, I'll fight anybody

You lost a decision in the fight with Thiago Alves, but do you consider it a moral victory at all in taking the fight on such short notice and Alves not being able to finish you off despite that he gave you a lot of hard shots?

No. I'm pissed at myself because I lost. There is no victory when you lose. I don't go into the cage whether I have eight weeks, two weeks, or I have one week to train for a fight, I expect to win every single time that I go in there, and if I don't, then I'm disappointed. Winning is the only thing that drives me.

How do you feel about possibly fighting UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges St. Pierre, again in the future?

I definitely think it would be a different fight this time. I'm more and more experienced, but at the end of the of course Georges has what I want which is the welterweight belt. But right now my hands are full with Paulo Thiago on February 21.

411mania.com: MMA - 411 MMA Interview: Josh Koscheck
hey, i made that romoshop in your sig. i almost forgot about that one

kos is pretty cool
Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Champ2be

Kos is back and fourth for me... Sometimes I cant stand him and sometimes I find myself cheering for him. He has improved 120% since he was on TUF. I dont think he will ever be as good as GSP though.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:47 PM
lc87

I like his attitude as a fighter but his personality as a person I don't like. His if I don't win im pissed attitude is what I like the most
Old 02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I like Kos, always have and always respected his talent. Leben brought all that crap on himself - he's just as big of a baby as Junie. Granted, he's calmed that crap down so I have nothing against him anymore.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
hizo64

Yeah Kos is a big super talented idiot, he is probably the most improved WW in the division besides Georges though. Will he ever beat GSP or be as good as him? No.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
ufcfan2

I've been starting to enjoy watching KOS fight for the past 3-4 fights. I agree I think hes improved leaps and bounds since he started and would love to see him fight Fitch.
I don't know if he will ever beat GSP unless GSP has an off day,but its always possible.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I've been starting to enjoy watching KOS fight for the past 3-4 fights. I agree I think hes improved leaps and bounds since he started and would love to see him fight Fitch.
I don't know if he will ever beat GSP unless GSP has an off day,but its always possible.
kos mainly relies on his wrestling, but he is starting to improve his striking .... but i doubt he can beat gsp, unless as you say, gsp has a bad day .... gsp is better at him in every aspect
Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Champ2be

Yea, I mean Kos is winning by head kicks and some serious KO's. He will be a force, but he wont be the champ while George is up there.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
medic92

He's a great fighter and improving every time I see him. I enjoy watching his fights, but his attitude needs major adjustment. In one sentence he says he wants to put on a show for the fans, and in the next he says he doesn't care what the fans think. If he doesn't think a good fan base is important, he's going to be in for a rude awakening. Dana White doesn't tend to keep people around if they don't put people in the seats and money in the bank.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Chuck

Bro you can't put "spoiler" a few times in the begining of your post then post your stuff 1//4 inch below it....

We always make a spoiler thread for a reason..... to post spoilers in it!!!

I'd reccomend editing your post so you don't ruin the fight for other people...