Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Mosley - who wins and how?
Mayweather by KO/TKO 4 33.33%
Mosley by KO/TKO 2 16.67%
Mayweather by decision 6 50.00%
Mosley by decision 0 0%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Word.
Lol!! I love how you use yo and word!! teehee..
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Aww, you're sweet, Miss Foxy.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender View Post
Not to derail the hype train... but how is Mosley ranked #2 or #3?? as far as I know hes not ranked at all...
Mosley has been all over the different top 5 P4P rankings for quite a while.

The current lists mostly have Pacman ranked #1, Mayweather #2, and Mosley #3.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Not to derail the hype train... but how is Mosley ranked #2 or #3?? as far as I know hes not ranked at all...
These aren't "official", but they're hardly disputed by anybody:
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/welterweight/
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/pound_for_pound/
Old 05-01-2010, 01:54 AM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
These aren't "official", but they're hardly disputed by anybody:
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/welterweight/
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/pound_for_pound/
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Mosley has been all over the different top 5 P4P rankings for quite a while.

The current lists mostly have Pacman ranked #1, Mayweather #2, and Mosley #3.
I know he used to be a highly ranked boxer. It seems that only since the Mayweather fight was anounced that people started putting him in the top 5... before the fight was anounced not that many people even had him in the top 10 as far as i know. I know boxrec arent the best rankings but hes at like 18.

I think everyone is buying into the advetisement a bit.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I know he used to be a highly ranked boxer. It seems that only since the Mayweather fight was anounced that people started putting him in the top 5... before the fight was anounced not that many people even had him in the top 10 as far as i know. I know boxrec arent the best rankings but hes at like 18.

I think everyone is buying into the advetisement a bit.
No, no, no, no...Boxrec is completely wrong. Go look at their rankings in welterweight and P4P and you wont even see Mosley listed. I'm not sure why, but they probably took him off because it's been over a year since he fought. Thats why rankings from Yahoo, The Ring, Boxrec, Boxing scene, they are ALL subjective. For the most part, they tend to get it right or CLOSE to right, but it's ALWAYS subjective.

If you actually watch and follow boxing, you would know that Shane Mosley has been considered an elite P4P fighter since around 1999. He had a rough stretch between 2002 and 2004 , but he bounced back and his only loss since 2005 was Miguel Cotto, no shame in that. He completely destroyed Margarito in his last fight, and nobody has ever stopped this guy. Shane Mosley is guaranteed Hall of Famer.

I know you wanna see Floyd fight Manny, as we all do, but this fight is HARDLY a fight that should be looked down on. This is not about buying into any advertising, this fight has had Boxing fans drooling for 10 years.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:20 AM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No, no, no, no...Boxrec is completely wrong. Go look at their rankings in welterweight and P4P and you wont even see Mosley listed. I'm not sure why, but they probably took him off because it's been over a year since he fought. Thats why rankings from Yahoo, The Ring, Boxrec, Boxing scene, they are ALL subjective. For the most part, they tend to get it right or CLOSE to right, but it's ALWAYS subjective.

If you actually watch and follow boxing, you would know that Shane Mosley has been considered an elite P4P fighter since around 1999. He had a rough stretch between 2002 and 2004 , but he bounced back and his only loss since 2005 was Miguel Cotto, no shame in that. He completely destroyed Margarito in his last fight, and nobody has ever stopped this guy. Shane Mosley is guaranteed Hall of Famer.

I know you wanna see Floyd fight Manny, as we all do, but this fight is HARDLY a fight that should be looked down on. This is not about buying into any advertising, this fight has had Boxing fans drooling for 10 years.

Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point... I don't follow boxing as much as i used to and i definitly don't watch enouph fights anymore... but meh theres alot of other fights I'd personaly wrather see... but most of my favorite guys are either dead or retired
Old 05-01-2010, 03:59 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point... I don't follow boxing as much as i used to and i definitly don't watch enouph fights anymore... but meh theres alot of other fights I'd personaly wrather see... but most of my favorite guys are either dead or retired

I hear ya about too many of the best being dead and retired, but there really are some great and exciting talents out there right now, beyond just Floyd and Manny. Guys like Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Timothy Bradley, and even Yuriorkis Gamboa.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point...
Try around the past 10 years actually. You don't beat guys like De La Hoya (twice) and Fernando Vargas (twice) and fall off the list. Granted, he's lost 5 fights, but Vernon Forest, Winky Wright, and Miguel Cotto are not bums.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

High-quality weigh-in video for those who missed it:

http://fightfan.com/2010/04/exclusiv...sley-weigh-in/

They sure look in top shape, this is gonna be f'ing awesome!