Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Lesnar vs. Carwin - UFC 116, July 3

Alright, time for two big heavyweights to go at it! Brock is going to put Carwin on his back and G&P for the victory.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
Quote:
Published April 25 2010

UFC: Lesnar to fight Carwin on July 3

Brock Lesnar jumped around the octagon like he was ready to fight Saturday night at the Urban Plains Center.

By: Eric Peterson, INFORUM

Brock Lesnar jumped around the octagon like he was ready to fight Saturday night at the Urban Plains Center.

It appears the UFC heavyweight champion will get that chance on July 3 in Las Vegas against top contender Shane Carwin.

“I just jumped in the ring and it was like ‘I was ready to fight,’ ” said Lesnar, who was the special guest at the Spring Brawl. “I wish I was fighting tonight, but good things come to those who wait.”

A number of media outlets reported Saturday that Lesnar and Carwin are set to fight at UFC 116 in Las Vegas. Lesnar said he couldn’t confirm if a contract for that fight has been signed at this point.

“Obviously, there is no one else I would fight,” Lesnar said. “As far as I know it’s July 3 and it’s Shane Carwin. … I’m not the guy to make the announcement.”

Lesnar is returning to the octagon after a bout with diverticulitis, which forced an extended layoff and caused him to lose 40 pounds. Lesnar, now at 270 pounds, said his weight dropped to 238 pounds at one point.

Lesnar was initially scheduled to fight Carwin last November at UFC 106 before the digestive illness forced Lesnar to pull out of that fight.

“I definitely went through some trials and tribulations, but that makes life and that makes victory even sweeter,” Lesnar said. “Hopefully, I can come out of this fight being victorious.”

Lesnar last fought on July