Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Lesnar vs. Carwin - UFC 116, July 3

Alright, time for two big heavyweights to go at it! Brock is going to put Carwin on his back and G&P for the victory.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
Quote:
Published April 25 2010

UFC: Lesnar to fight Carwin on July 3

Brock Lesnar jumped around the octagon like he was ready to fight Saturday night at the Urban Plains Center.

By: Eric Peterson, INFORUM

Brock Lesnar jumped around the octagon like he was ready to fight Saturday night at the Urban Plains Center.

It appears the UFC heavyweight champion will get that chance on July 3 in Las Vegas against top contender Shane Carwin.

“I just jumped in the ring and it was like ‘I was ready to fight,’ ” said Lesnar, who was the special guest at the Spring Brawl. “I wish I was fighting tonight, but good things come to those who wait.”

A number of media outlets reported Saturday that Lesnar and Carwin are set to fight at UFC 116 in Las Vegas. Lesnar said he couldn’t confirm if a contract for that fight has been signed at this point.

“Obviously, there is no one else I would fight,” Lesnar said. “As far as I know it’s July 3 and it’s Shane Carwin. … I’m not the guy to make the announcement.”

Lesnar is returning to the octagon after a bout with diverticulitis, which forced an extended layoff and caused him to lose 40 pounds. Lesnar, now at 270 pounds, said his weight dropped to 238 pounds at one point.

Lesnar was initially scheduled to fight Carwin last November at UFC 106 before the digestive illness forced Lesnar to pull out of that fight.

“I definitely went through some trials and tribulations, but that makes life and that makes victory even sweeter,” Lesnar said. “Hopefully, I can come out of this fight being victorious.”

Lesnar last fought on July 11 against Frank Mir at UFC 100. Lesnar beat Mir by technical knockout, avenging his lone career loss.

Lesnar has a 4-1 record in UFC and isn’t concerned about his one-year layoff from the octagon, heading into his expected showdown with Carwin.

“I don’t think it’s going to before an issue,” Lesnar said. “They guys I’ve got in my training facility, if I can’t be ready for a fight by July 3? I’ve been training since I got the green light since January. It’s not like I’ve been sitting around.”

Lesnar – who briefly addressed the crowd over the public-address system – received a standing ovation as he entered the octagon to the song “Enter Sandman” prior to Saturday’s fights at the UP Center.

“I’ve got to really just kind lay low and take it easy right now because I’m so ready to fight,” Lesnar said.

Spring Brawl promoter Chris Tuchscherer, who has two UFC fights to his credit, is Lesnar’s training partner.

Lesnar said he was happy to help out a friend.

“He’s been with me since Day 1,” Lesnar said. “I love North Dakota. … I’m a Dakota boy. I grew up in South Dakota, went to junior college in Bismarck.”
Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Carwin via KO, Round 1.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Bobby71

Carwin wont be able to stop the takedowns. He hits very hard, but he's basically a poor mans Brock Lesnar.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Carwin via KO, Round 1.
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Bobby71

Do you guys that Carwin will stop the takedown, or do you think that Brock wont shoot?

EDIT: For those of you who are picking Carwin by 1st round ko

Last edited by Bobby71; 04-27-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Rev

Brock by gnp
Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Do you guys that Carwin will stop the takedown, or do you think that Brock wont shoot?

EDIT: For those of you who are picking Carwin by 1st round ko
Brock lands 5 of 6 takedown attempts and is MUCH quicker than Carwin. Carwin was easily taken down by Gonzaga who doesn't even compare to Brock when it comes to takedown ability. Gonzaga wasn't able to keep him down, but Brock's wrestling is far beyond Gonzaga's so he'll be able to put Carwin on the ground and keep him there.

For a comparison of their wrestling abilities Brock, aside from the fact that Brock was a Division I champ vs. Carwin who was a Division II champ, look how easily Brock was able to put Mir on his back in 2 fights, yet, Carwin wasn't able to bring the fight to the ground at all.

Brock for the quick takedown and a G&P round 1.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
KevinD

for me the question is who will have the best gas tank. If either guy gasses, the KO will come swiftly.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Agreed.

When are you going to learn??
Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
for me the question is who will have the best gas tank. If either guy gasses, the KO will come swiftly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWm_CANid0 Just saying