Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If Penn is prepared to publish stuff like thatm I think he deserves the money it takes to buy the book dont you
i was kidding, but i really don't care ... if it is crap, than i don't think he deserves the money ... i really only buy stuff that i am really interested in, or I am a big fan of the person selling ... i have in the past downloaded stuff, ending up liking it and then bought a legit copy ....
Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i was kidding, but i really don't care ... if it is crap, than i don't think he deserves the money ... i really only buy stuff that i am really interested in, or I am a big fan of the person selling ... i have in the past downloaded stuff, ending up liking it and then bought a legit copy ....
Pretty much the same here... it's hard to DL liner notes on CDs
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
According to those numbers...The UFC was paying Penn 37,500 a fight. K1 offered 187,500.. he was willing to stay with the UFC for 62,500. A little less than double.. that doesn't sound to bad actually....

Until you factor in a CONTRACT for the $37,500... that he had only 2 fights left on his CONTRACT at that time (pretty sure it was 2.. I will let the Penn N'huggers fact check that one).....

But hey.. that's me.. I sign a contract for "x".. that's what I get..I don't expect "y" all of the suddn cause I get lucky and tap Matt.. or even if you "figure" skill.. just cause you win doesn't mean you all of the sudden worth more... IMO...
Well according to BJ his last fight under his old UFC contract was the fight with Matt. Once that fight happened he had fulfilled his UFC contract and he started taking offers from other companies. K-1 offered him a lot of money but BJ was willing to stay with the UFC for less but the UFC did not want to pay him. Thats not really quitting, thats taking a better deal.

As for the Matt statement, there was no luck in BJ's win over Matt. And a win does make you worth more when that win makes you the WW champ.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Well according to BJ his last fight under his old UFC contract was the fight with Matt. Once that fight happened he had fulfilled his UFC contract and he started taking offers from other companies. K-1 offered him a lot of money but BJ was willing to stay with the UFC for less but the UFC did not want to pay him. Thats not really quitting, thats taking a better deal.

As for the Matt statement, there was no luck in BJ's win over Matt. And a win does make you worth more when that win makes you the WW champ.
Not according to Dana... Maybe is was just Baby Jay....

And as I understand the UFC contracts.. You can't leave as Champ.. something like an auto renewal clause...

Like I have said many times.. Baby Jay fights great.. but not a great fighter... kind of a whiner.. IMO...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

really? showed tones of skill at Welterweight since then hasnt he

Lost to GSP....Lost to Hughes....Lost to GSP...

did his skill suddenly dry up?

oh...and since when does being beaten at Title Contention at your natural weight class entitle you to immediately challenge the champion of the title above?? could you imagine anything like that happening now the only person who believes they should be entitled to that sort of gift at present is Urijah Faber (or at least he did before Aldo)

Should Florian have just fought GSP instead of Dan Hardy?? perhaps we let Demian Maia or Patrick Cote fight Lyoto next...and Rua really should be fighting Heavyweight contention surely.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Max

Quote:
Not according to Dana... Maybe is was just Baby Jay....

And as I understand the UFC contracts.. You can't leave as Champ.. something like an auto renewal clause...

Like I have said many times.. Baby Jay fights great.. but not a great fighter... kind of a whiner.. IMO...
Well BJ made $50,000 for his second fight with Matt, cant find info on his fights with Pulver or Stevenson, then he made $250,000 for his fight with Sherk. So it looks like somewhere along the line BJ got a $200,000 bump in pay over a period of 3 fights. It may have had something to do with the fact that he was the LW champ but I cant be sure.

You have no idea what BJ's contract said. The fact that he was just able to sign someplace else and not pay the UFC anything shows that his contract was up. If the UFC could have they woudl ahve taken him to court to prevent him from fighting in K-1
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1. really? showed tones of skill at Welterweight since then hasnt he

Lost to GSP....Lost to Hughes....Lost to GSP...

did his skill suddenly dry up?

2. oh...and since when does being beaten at Title Contention at your natural weight class entitle you to immediately challenge the champion of the title above?? could you imagine anything like that happening now the only person who believes they should be entitled to that sort of gift at present is Urijah Faber (or at least he did before Aldo)
1. Well BJ went 4-1 in fights above 155 when he was not in the UFC. His first fight with GSP was very close and he was winning the 2nd fight with MAtt until he got hurt. The only fight he has been beaten really bad in was the GSP fight and he still held GSP to his lowest takedown % in a fight where GSP attempts more than 2 takedowns.

2. Um BJ was 3-0-1 in 4 fights after his loss to Jens. Also, and I have told you this 100 times before, it was not the fact that BJ went to a draw with Uno that got him the title shot, it was the fact that he destroyed Gomi and at the time the UFC did not have a LW title so the only belt he could fight for was the WW title. Matt had run through all the other challengers at WW and BJ was the best LW in the world so the UFC decided to give him a shot.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Well BJ made $50,000 for his second fight with Matt, cant find info on his fights with Pulver or Stevenson, then he made $250,000 for his fight with Sherk. So it looks like somewhere along the line BJ got a $200,000 bump in pay over a period of 3 fights. It may have had something to do with the fact that he was the LW champ but I cant be sure.

You have no idea what BJ's contract said. The fact that he was just able to sign someplace else and not pay the UFC anything shows that his contract was up. If the UFC could have they woudl ahve taken him to court to prevent him from fighting in K-1

OK..OK.. OK.. we are both right...

But I digress...

What would you name Baby Jay's book?

I do like...

"Flavor of the Month - Excuses to losing 101"

or

"Hawaiian by Birth, Loser by lack of heart"

My biggest reason to hate on Baby Jay.. isn't his running to K-1.. (though it is valid).. it isn't wearing the WW champ shirt and bringing his belt to the ring, 2 years after winning... and NEVER defending (Thiugh is is valid)..It isn't..."I never trained to my talent.. (though that is valid)... It isn't.. I didn't lie in my book...My ghost writer did....(whaaaa.....).... It isn't he brought his MOM to testify at the NSAC meeting (though that is FUNNY AS ALL GET OUT!!!)....

It's that he QUIT .. he QUIT between ROUNDS!!!!! and he has the nerve to say.. "Just Scrap".. maybe the other side of the shirt should say.. "Til your beat down..."

GSP tapped to strikes.. Forrest tapped to strikes.. Chuck get's KOed, Maia... looked a mess.. but kept coming... Matt Hughes got subbed.. .. Baby Jay... couldn't stand to do 5 more minutes...

nuff said.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Max

Quote:
It's that he QUIT .. he QUIT between ROUNDS!!!!! and he has the nerve to say.. "Just Scrap".. maybe the other side of the shirt should say.. "Til your beat down..."

GSP tapped to strikes.. Forrest tapped to strikes.. Chuck get's KOed, Maia... looked a mess.. but kept coming... Matt Hughes got subbed.. .. Baby Jay... couldn't stand to do 5 more minutes...

nuff said.
Ok so let me try and wrap my mind around your twisted way of thinking. BJ gets his ass beat for 3 rounds, does not know where he is, can not even answer the questions that his brother is asking him and when the Doctor and his corner decide they dont want him to continue, you get sand in your vajayjay and decide to hate the guy. It sounds to me like you were just looking for a reason to hate him and you happened to find the dumbest reason there was.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Ok so let me try and wrap my mind around your twisted way of thinking. BJ gets his ass beat for 3 rounds, does not know where he is, can not even answer the questions that his brother is asking him and when the Doctor and his corner decide they dont want him to continue, you get sand in your and decide to hate the guy. It sounds to me like you were just looking for a reason to hate him and you happened to find the dumbest reason there was.

ok.. let's fix this...

Baby Jay got his ass beat for 4 rounds..not 3....

He DIDN'T answer any questions from the ref.. not that he couldn't.. he just didn't...

His CORNER.. stopped the fight... Cause he was beat up... and didn't want to stand up.. like a freaking Champ.. he didn't want to Just Scrap... He wanted to Just Stop.. He wasn't injured.. he was Just Beat! (hey.. another good title..)

That would have been a good title for his book... "Just Stop".. or "Just Quit"

As far as "looking for a reason" to Hate on Baby Jay.. you don't have to look hard...

He beats Hughes... and then leaves the UFC... he comes back...Loses to GSP.. granted it was a great fight.. and GSP couldn't finish.. (I went to a party.. GSP went to a hospital).. but he still LOST..

Then he loses to Hughes... in a SPECTACULAR fashion.. (but.. but.. I got injured)

He beats Sean, Joe Daddy, and Jens.. (two Not Theres.. and one with his better days behind him)... then gets the SNOT beat out of him by GSP...
(only cause he cheated - yeah the Vaseline really hindered those punches)...

lots of excuses...

I think Forrest showed more heart in crying over his losing to Keith than Baby Jay did in quitting...

Baby Jay can REALLY Talk The Talk.. but when he faces Championship Caliber opponents.. he can't walk the walk...

"vajayjay".. Are you sure you didn't mean "BJayjay"???