Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: FOXPRO

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Well, the last couple of blogs have caused such a stir that I decided we'd talk about something less controversial this week: gun control.

Here's a video that someone sent me and I thought it was a pretty interesting find. I think this lady has a very powerful message here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...61537893819675

Quote:
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer in a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011 (Including hand loaded ammo). They will also charge a 5 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to: AmmunitionAccountability.org
I also received this in an email quite a while ago and just couldn't find a way to squeeze it into a blog until now. It's an article that was published in the Washington Post in September of last year. For those of you who don't agree with hunting, you really need to read this:

Quote:
Hunter Green
The People Behind a Conservation Success Story
By Steve Sanetti

Today's green movement uses certain buzzwords -- organic, locavore, renewable -- to the wry amusement of 15 million to 20 million of us who've actually lived the eco-friendly lifestyle that these words describe.

We are hunters... (To read the rest of this article click here)

First, C-Products LLC. has come out with a good magazine for the AR platform. In the picture, you'll note that the magazine on the left is from an AK-47 and performs flawlessly. The magazine on the right is a standard AR magazine. The one in the middle is the C-Products magazine. As you can see it more closely resembles the AK-47 magazine and also performs flawlessly. The old AR magazines have problems not feeding correctly. AK-47 mags (7.62x39) are easy to find and I've told DPMS that we need to come out with a gun that will use AK-47 magazines.

The boys at FOXPRO sent me a little gadget to call in some coyotes. This has the most realistic sounds on it that I've ever heard. I've only had a chance to go out and use this thing twice, but I've called in everything from raccoons to coyotes to hawks. Like I said before, this has the most realistic sounds I've heard in a caller and the remote control means I can put it 30 yards upwind and control it, so the coyotes can't get downwind of me.

Friday night the 27th and Saturday the 28th I will be in Bloomington for the Illinois Deer Classic. I will be sitting with Pat and Nicole from DrivenTV. If you don't have anything going on, then I hope to see you there. -matt
Old 02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Absolutely fantastic blog, Matt. Especially the video. She said literally everything I wish I could to Congress. The point of the Second Amendment is to allow me to ablility to overthrow the government if it starts infringing on my rights.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Tattoo Artist

Awesome blog, oh and I envy you for getting all of these "little gifts"!! LOL!! No really, thats awesome, I am going to invest in a good call since there seems to be about 100 yotes behind my house and no one shoots them...............yet.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 PM
kyle

Nice blog this week Matt

but I just wanted to mention that when u were talking about the different magazines you mention that the AK-47 is a 7.63x39 but it is actually a 7.62x39

I know i know im nit picking but i'm usually not smart enough to ever find anything accidentally mis-typed that and i've been through classes on the AK-47
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Oddtodd76

Absolutely a great video. I am gonna have to pass that video on to some folks.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Mac

Good Blog , Heard some great things about those foxpro callers.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:47 AM
Blmfighter

Great blog! I will be there. I have been to the last few ones and it is always a good time. If anybody comes to this let me know. I live here in Bloomington and if you want to catch a bite to eat or anything let me know.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 AM

Great blog Matt! Have fun in Beer Nut country!!! Blmfighter sent me some and I recommend picking up a case!!

[
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 AM
lc87

That's crazy that they can enforce that law. Sure it may help catching criminals but to those that arnt its crazy.

Off the topic does anyone know where to buy decently priced 7.62 bullets. Both the 7.62/32 and 7.62/59 I think it is the latter is for a friend but not sure exactly the numbers are.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
That's crazy that they can enforce that law. Sure it may help catching criminals but to those that arnt its crazy.

Off the topic does anyone know where to buy decently priced 7.62 bullets. Both the 7.62/32 and 7.62/59 I think it is the latter is for a friend but not sure exactly the numbers are.
Have you tried Cheaperthandirt? Or Georgia Arms?