Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Sad to hear the death, just as sad to hear the charges against Salazar. Had this been a boxing or just a wrestling sparring session, there wouldn't have been any charges - there's a real ****ty double-standard when it comes to MMA.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
are you sure
Almost positive.

If you signed a paper saying that you wanted me to shoot you and I did, would the paper save me from being charged with murder?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Almost positive.

If you signed a paper saying that you wanted me to shoot you and I did, would the paper save me from being charged with murder?
Oh no...I see what you mean. But isnt an Institutional Waiver slightly more authoratative? I mean...if you sign off on Health and Safety and then you have an accident because you didnt follow the guidelines...and you went to court to sue...I can see how, in that Civil case...you would probably loooose because of the waiver...but supposing you died...the holding of the waiver would prevent a criminal charge of negligence or manslaughter wouldnt it?

What I mean is...if the guy signed anything...cant the gym claim that the Waiver prevents anyone on the property being charged in a criminal manner like the above?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Oh no...I see what you mean. But isnt an Institutional Waiver slightly more authoratative? I mean...if you sign off on Health and Safety and then you have an accident because you didnt follow the guidelines...and you went to court to sue...I can see how, in that Civil case...you would probably loooose because of the waiver...but supposing you died...the holding of the waiver would prevent a criminal charge of negligence or manslaughter wouldnt it?

What I mean is...if the guy signed anything...cant the gym claim that the Waiver prevents anyone on the property being charged in a criminal manner like the above?


No.

An institutional waiver, or any waiver for that matter, can not override a jurisdictional criminal law.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Isn't this another country? SO our laws would not really apply. As for a wavier. A wavier does not save one from negligence. Is this had happened in America the Gym would be sued and loose handily.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Isn't this another country? SO our laws would not really apply.
We aren't trying to apply our laws.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
We aren't trying to apply our laws.
Thats why it was in the form of a question. I was asking
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Thats why it was in the form of a question. I was asking
That is why mine is in the form of a statement. I was answering.



Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
That is why mine is in the form of a statement. I was answering.



I understand. I know a lot about English Employment Law (which is Civil) but virtually nothing else. I've never been in trouble with the English Police ( ) So ive never needed to prep for a Defence.

You can take it that I have had too, from the Former

I wish you would remove your avatar...its making me sad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I wish you would remove your avatar...its making me sad
Me, too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.