Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
billwilliams70

What about Rich? His hand is broken and by all accounts in last night's episode he can't fight?

Why wouldn't it be him to go?

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
What about Rich? His hand is broken and by all accounts in last night's episode he can't fight?

Why wouldn't it be him to go?

Later.
Maybe he does, Bill. But they said on the teaser that one of Tito's fighters drops out due to injury.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Sorry, I spelled it "Jager" because because that's the original spelling in German. It means "hunter". The elite German special forces are called "Jagermeisters" i.e. - "Master Hunters".

Guess I should have assumed that stupid Americans would have gone phonetic instead of actually learning how to spell things correctly.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Rev

I have it on DVR and the first knee hit him in the chest and the second knee missed him completely, seriously. It didnt even graze his head. look it up on the net and watch close, no contact. Rich waisted his energy and when he saw a way out(a punk's way out) he took it. I hope KC gets a shot and fro-dog and pounds him like a little punk. I love how he wasnt afraid to call him out on his wannabe ghetto crap.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Sorry, I spelled it "Jager" because because that's the original spelling in German. It means "hunter". The elite German special forces are called "Jagermeisters" i.e. - "Master Hunters".

Guess I should have assumed that stupid Americans would have gone phonetic instead of actually learning how to spell things correctly.
Do you do that with every name? Why just apply that "original spelling in XXXXXXXX" theory to this name?

I looked up Matt's last name and found this:

"The son of Hugh. Aventinus derives Hugh from Hougen, that is, slasher or cutter. Alfred, in the year 900, used Hugh to denote comfort. Hugh in the Gaelic, is Aoidh, which signifies affability, a guest, a stranger. Hu suggests the idea of elevation; Ho, Hu, highness"

Why not just apply that thought process to everyone's last name.

@ flo.....I agree, I remember hearing that a member of Team Punishment (I think it's funny that Tito won't wear any of the Tapout stuff) will be going home. I'm just wondering why Rich isn't (or at least it hasn't been mentioned).

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Do you do that with every name? Why just apply that "original spelling in XXXXXXXX" theory to this name?

I looked up Matt's last name and found this:

"The son of Hugh. Aventinus derives Hugh from Hougen, that is, slasher or cutter. Alfred, in the year 900, used Hugh to denote comfort. Hugh in the Gaelic, is Aoidh, which signifies affability, a guest, a stranger. Hu suggests the idea of elevation; Ho, Hu, highness"

Why not just apply that thought process to everyone's last name.
Hahaha, no, I just apply it to German names since that's the foreign language I took in HS & college.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:55 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hahaha, no, I just apply it to German names since that's the foreign language I took in HS & college.
Gotcha.

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I have it on DVR and the first knee hit him in the chest and the second knee missed him completely, seriously. It didnt even graze his head. look it up on the net and watch close, no contact. Rich waisted his energy and when he saw a way out(a punk's way out) he took it. I hope KC gets a shot and fro-dog and pounds him like a little punk. I love how he wasnt afraid to call him out on his wannabe ghetto crap.
Yes, the first knee clearly hit him in the chest and the second knee in replay did look like it missed completely! He got robbed although I don't think Rich was a punk - he fought really well and aggressively before Kyacey dropped him. They need coach challenges and instant replay!!

I hope they will both be back.

"fro-dog" lol, I thought it was pretty funny that one of the guys referred to him as a little troll doll.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I thought it was pretty funny that one of the guys referred to him as a little troll doll.
I thought that was funny too!

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
if you ask me, kc was the punk .. he accused the guy of stealing his stuff, called him a thief, than when he was told that someone else took his stuff and that the coaches said he yager could take the other stuff, he still refused to apologize ... which is a typical punk ... i hope they fight and yager lays a pounding on the dude ...