Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:50 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's funny that with as many times as shows like South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons have made fun of Jesus Christ and GOD, the creators of those shows have never once had a threat put out against their lives. However, once they make fun of Muhammed, the prophet of the so-called "religion of peace," then they are in real danger of being killed for exercising their freedom of speech.

And yet, it's Christianity that is vilified in the media and Islam is portrayed as simply misunderstood by us racist, xenophobic Americans.

This is why it's so hard to take any sort of Liberal stance on Islam seriously.
Yeah, Why can Christians take things with a grain of salt,
but Muslims go straight to death threats? Damn.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think they're really ticked off about the way South Park depicted Kanye West.

I hope anyone who tries to harm Matt and Trey over this are attacked by the Man-Bear-Pig.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think the threats may have gotten to them .

I think the episode in question was the one called 200 that was on last week , Well this week they were suppose to do episode called 201 where they were not really finished with all the celebrities they made fun of . But apparently it got pulled and they reran the Scrotie Mcboogerballs episode from a couple weeks ago.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I think the threats may have gotten to them .

I think the episode in question was the one called 200 that was on last week , Well this week they were suppose to do episode called 201 where they were not really finished with all the celebrities they made fun of . But apparently it got pulled and they reran the Scrotie Mcboogerballs episode from a couple weeks ago.
I got to see it. They put a huge censor box over where Muhammed was supposed to be and this week they bleeped out them even saying his name like it was a bad word. So what happened was..... (spoiler)















They had him in the bear costume and the ginger kids were there like a showdown. The gingers demanded he be let out of the costume and the SP kids give in. The bear costume is unzipped and Santa Claus steps out. They tried to trick the gingers. The gingers end up getting Muhammed and calling Tom Cruise to make a deal. They agree to bring him to Tom Cruise and share in the Goo machine. The super friends (Jesus, Buddha, etc) all show up and there's a fight. Tom Cruise is able to extract the Goo and he becomes a Censored box on the screen. Sea Man jumps on his back and one of the SP kids yells "Look. Tom Cruise has semen on his back!" Tom Cruise immediately turns back into himself instead of the censored box and begins to cry. There's also a storyline with Streisand and another about the true identity of Cartman's dad. Apparently he has the ginger gene and he was quite upset about it.

That's all I can remember.


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Let me be clear on the fact that I HATE Southpark. I think it is the most pathetic and sick show ever aired on American TV. BUT, This is America, and they arent preaching hate so what they are doing should allowed. i hope they continue to make shows about islam and get them good and mad. It might just bring out the truth in these monsters, thats right I said monsters. We have so many stupid people ready to defend islam while they are plotting as we speak to "terrrorize" Americans. This gets me so mad that I, well, I'm gonna stop right there before I hurt my witness any more than I already have. To all you idiots on this forum who defend islam and muzlims, this is what you are defending. before you say that they dont represent all muzlims, I suggest you read the Koran,(I have) this is exactly what they represent. Sure there are some freak radicals out there who call themselves Christians, but our book doesnt endorse violence under the new covenant. You guys make me sick. If you arent part of the Islamic faith then you had better join or they will slit your throat just as fast as anyone else. I know that we have some "vultures" around here that I suspect are circling and waiting to jump all over me so have at it. Go ahead and post a 4 page article and try and sound smart but the fact is the people you are trying to defend just had one of their leaders backing up the rest of our claims. if anyone else has a problem with me getting upset and feels like I am causing problems on the forum then I guess thats your right as well, but I dont apologize. Waaaay to often we are willing to compromise and say that islam is not really violent, when in fact their bible(koran) says otherwise. We need to be willing to speak up and not be pushed into compromise for fear of being labled radical or intolerant. The proof has been made clear on more occasions than we can even count.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Let me be clear on the fact that I HATE Southpark. I think it is the most pathetic and sick show ever aired on American TV. BUT, This is America, and they arent preaching hate so what they are doing should allowed. i hope they continue to make shows about islam and get them good and mad. It might just bring out the truth in these monsters, thats right I said monsters. We have so many stupid people ready to defend islam while they are plotting as we speak to "terrrorize" Americans. This gets me so mad that I, well, I'm gonna stop right there before I hurt my witness any more than I already have. To all you idiots on this forum who defend islam and muzlims, this is what you are defending. before you say that they dont represent all muzlims, I suggest you read the Koran,(I have) this is exactly what they represent. Sure there are some freak radicals out there who call themselves Christians, but our book doesnt endorse violence under the new covenant. You guys make me sick. If you arent part of the Islamic faith then you had better join or they will slit your throat just as fast as anyone else. I know that we have some "vultures" around here that I suspect are circling and waiting to jump all over me so have at it. Go ahead and post a 4 page article and try and sound smart but the fact is the people you are trying to defend just had one of their leaders backing up the rest of our claims. if anyone else has a problem with me getting upset and feels like I am causing problems on the forum then I guess thats your right as well, but I dont apologize. Waaaay to often we are willing to compromise and say that islam is not really violent, when in fact their bible(koran) says otherwise. We need to be willing to speak up and not be pushed into compromise for fear of being labled radical or intolerant. The proof has been made clear on more occasions than we can even count.
I'm with you, Rev. If we're "radical" what are they! That muslim guy in the video quite clearly says they are compelled to terrorize anyone who isn't them. That is what the Koran tells us to do he told the reporter--"to terrorize". I just hope the government is keeping close tabs on him and these people behind RevolutionMuslim issuing these death threats.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Apparently the creators of South Park took the death threats from all of those open-minded, peaceful Muslims seriously enough to censor their Muhammed episode:
http://tv.yahoo.com/south-park/show/...thpark_muslims
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Let me be clear on the fact that I HATE Southpark. I think it is the most pathetic and sick show ever aired on American TV. BUT, This is America, and they arent preaching hate so what they are doing should allowed. i hope they continue to make shows about islam and get them good and mad. It might just bring out the truth in these monsters, thats right I said monsters. We have so many stupid people ready to defend islam while they are plotting as we speak to "terrrorize" Americans. This gets me so mad that I, well, I'm gonna stop right there before I hurt my witness any more than I already have. To all you idiots on this forum who defend islam and muzlims, this is what you are defending. before you say that they dont represent all muzlims, I suggest you read the Koran,(I have) this is exactly what they represent. Sure there are some freak radicals out there who call themselves Christians, but our book doesnt endorse violence under the new covenant. You guys make me sick. If you arent part of the Islamic faith then you had better join or they will slit your throat just as fast as anyone else. I know that we have some "vultures" around here that I suspect are circling and waiting to jump all over me so have at it. Go ahead and post a 4 page article and try and sound smart but the fact is the people you are trying to defend just had one of their leaders backing up the rest of our claims. if anyone else has a problem with me getting upset and feels like I am causing problems on the forum then I guess thats your right as well, but I dont apologize. Waaaay to often we are willing to compromise and say that islam is not really violent, when in fact their bible(koran) says otherwise. We need to be willing to speak up and not be pushed into compromise for fear of being labled radical or intolerant. The proof has been made clear on more occasions than we can even count.
The comments about Muslims from our left-leaning forum regulars don't bother me as much as the so-called "Christians" on here who rush to the defense of Muslims anytime someone reveals them for the false-prophet-following, hate-mongering, murderers that they are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

I guarantee this did NOT come as a decision from Matt and Trey because they've been attempting this for the past few years and Comedy Central continues to block it.

Oh, I just found their statement on their official website:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3878

Quote:
Posted on: 04.22.10
A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm with you, Rev. If we're "radical" what are they!
Same here.

Thanks for posting the statement, rockdawg. I'm glad it was comedy central and not the SP guys who did the censoring; once it is censored, islamofascism wins. Their thinly-veiled threats and terrorizing are specifically aimed at getting people to back down, almost no one published the infamous Mohammad cartoons.

The only way to win this fight is to allow satire/commentary/art/etc. that some people may find objectionable. We don't have to look at it, we don't have to buy it, but we sure as heck don't want to ban it. That's the beauty of our freedoms, I just try to remind myself of that when I see artwork or comedy that I find really offensive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.