Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 AM

Angry Islamic Website vs. "South Park"

Did anyone else see this on the news? What do you think/feel about it? Listen to what the muslim guy says in the interview. Makes my blood boil!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sho...ark.threat.cnn

Here is an article from the L.A. Times also:

Quote:
Muslim group warns 'South Park' creators after Muhammad scene (April 21, 2010)

A radical Islamic group has warned "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone after a recent episode of the Comedy Central cartoon depicted the prophet Muhammad in a bear costume.

“We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," a posting on the site Revolutionmuslim said. Van Gogh was the Dutch filmmaker shot to death in 2004 after he made a film critical of the treatment of women in Islamic society. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

"South Park" has long flirted with trouble over depicting Muhammad, which is considered offensive to many Muslims. Wednesday's episode was built around the efforts of the "South Park" kids to bring the prophet to their town, only to realize the difficulty of doing so without showing his face or body. He is ultimately shown wearing a bear mascot's costume.

In 2006, Comedy Central censored the producers' plans to depict Muhammad in the "Cartoon Wars" episodes. The series has kicked up so many battles on this and other fronts that "South Park controversies" has its own Wikipedia page.

A Comedy Central spokesman said the network had no comment. Attempts to load the Revolutionmuslim.com website on Wednesday afternoon were unsuccessful.
"This is not a threat".....yeah, right!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I must say that I would be scared.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 AM

Bonnie, I saw it yesterday on FNC. I was surprised that the SP guys did the satire, to tell the truth.

They HAD to have known the danger it would place them in. I'm not a fan of SP but I really hope they don't get hurt and have stepped up their security measures.

I'd be scared, too. On an earlier post here, I edited my comment about 6 times for just that reason.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 AM

Another article on this subject mentioned that the threat had a link to a Huffington Post article that showed the mansions of the "South Park" creators. The message was clear. We know where you live and we are coming after you. I don't think these guys realize the type of people they are provoking. I have a subscription to Architectural Digest and the latest issue has a pictorial of Parker's mansion. If you are going to provoke people capable of murder it is not smart to have a pictorial of your house in a magazine, in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:29 AM
Administrator

It's funny that with as many times as shows like South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons have made fun of Jesus Christ and GOD, the creators of those shows have never once had a threat put out against their lives. However, once they make fun of Muhammed, the prophet of the so-called "religion of peace," then they are in real danger of being killed for exercising their freedom of speech.

And yet, it's Christianity that is vilified in the media and Islam is portrayed as simply misunderstood by us racist, xenophobic Americans.

This is why it's so hard to take any sort of Liberal stance on Islam seriously.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's funny that with as many times as shows like South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons have made fun of Jesus Christ and GOD, the creators of those shows have never once had a threat put out against their lives. However, once they make fun of Muhammed, the prophet of the so-called "religion of peace," then they are in real danger of being killed for exercising their freedom of speech.

And yet, it's Christianity that is vilified in the media and Islam is portrayed as simply misunderstood by us racist, xenophobic Americans.

Truth.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Garandshooter

If islamist do anything to these guys, the average american non christian will be forced to realize what we all know, that islam is evil.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Yeah, ironic, isn't it. You can come to America with your muslim self or be born here and freely become one of these beings and practice "free speech" which consists of threats of death and speeches of "terrorizing" anyone who isn't one of them or anyone who "dare" practice their free speech to say anything negative of their precious "muhammed".

You know how ignorant I was before 9/11. I did not realize that foreigners could come to our country and basically be turned loose to run amok and do whatever the **** they pleased (learn how to fly airplanes, etc...) only to turn around and use it against us.

The fact that they use "free speech" to spout their garbage-filled hate about America and threaten Americans on American soil is offensive to me.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

What's actually more stupid about this whole situation is they depicted Muhammad in their 5th season about 9 years ago:

That's him to the right of Jesus.

I think it's great they have the balls to tackle the subject; they knew the whole time what might come of this and I applaud them for doing it. Their whole stance on the situation has been their right to NOT censor Muhammad because it falls under Freedom of Speech.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm sure this isn't the first time that Matt and Trey have gotten death threats, and it probably won't be the last.