Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a better night of fights than that, absolutely fantastic!

Johnson v Pickett was probably my favourite but Garcia v Zombie was crazy too!

Anyone notice there was not WEC logo anywhere? Is there something I don't know about?
it was on ppv...perhaps the UFC are trying to market it as a UFC event...because maybe it costs more to market as a different event...there could be alsorts of legally binding stuff with marketing names and brands on ppv...thats my only guess.

They do that on youtube now. Originally they had two channels. "UFC" and "WEConVersus" now all the WEC stuff is being hosted under UFC...you'll notice recently all the events of WEC have appeared and are listed on the UFC homepage...do I think they are trying to merge? no...BUT I do think they are trying to make it clear that WEC is the UFC for little people...they are making it explicitly clear but unneeded duplication on the websites that UFC is as much incontrol of WEC as it is UFC events...I think its for management ease...I bet you find, somehow, somewhere it saves Zuffa money because they might not need to register WEC as its own company in certain places...I dont know...all complete guess work...but wouldnt be suprised...I cant think why they wouldnt stamp something with their own logo except for some legal reason they werent allowed to...and if you could save money by marketting something by the same name as something else, which you could do if you owned both, and save a fortune on some kinda sponcership deal...or PPV deal...or whatever it is...perhaps that would answer it

tell me...did they display the UFC logo?

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-25-2010 at 09:21 PM.