Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
KevinD

I think Aldo wins and I think we are looking at a legend in the making. The sky is the limit for Aldo.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I think Aldo wins and I think we are looking at a legend in the making. The sky is the limit for Aldo.
I think you are right KevinD.

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

any thoughts on the rest of the card
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
any thoughts on the rest of the card
Nope.

Later.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Max

Quote:
No...its coz of his...chin

I dont like him because he refuses to fight in organisations that actually hold the best tallent, he wouldnt even move weight. Recently, he said he would only move weight if they offered him a title shot right away...sorry...his ego is a tad to big...who does he think he is?? BJ Penn or something
Country Mike said it best. He is in the best org for the div he is in. Why should he go some place else?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Country Mike said it best. He is in the best org for the div he is in. Why should he go some place else?
NOW He is. But Zuffa didnt always own WEC did they...oh and now...he ISNT the Champion is he.

The best place for him to have gone would have been Shooto at one time. Now of course with Zuffa backing the WEC has an elivated status and a new influx of proper little men....and the first thing that happens...?

Urijah Faber who people used to rabbit on about on this very site as being a
P4P best...lost the Title...and then suddenly people act like they dont know who he was.

Now I hope...I really do, that Aldo wins. I think he has a good potential. BUT he does lack names on his record, and we dont know how good he is on the ground....and whilst people are pretending they dont think much to Urijah Faber you should note that whilst he has had a bad run of it lately...he's only lost to ONE PERSON in YEARS....how the time off from injury might effect him I dont know...perhaps he will suffer ring rust and Aldo will be on top form...but...I'm kinda playing it safe on my predictions.

If you dont like that...fine...but Its logically thought through...I hope its the wrong conclusion...but I wouldnt bet on it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
In his weight class, WEC is the biggest show around. Why should he change weight classes to fight somewhere else? That's just a ridiculous statement.
You know the one really big positive thing BJ Penn has, that Urijah Faber lacks?

When you find out what it is...(a thing most fighters have)...you will understand why Urijah Faber missed his chance to move to a more legitamate level of greatness then he had in WEC...(please note...we are talking before the Zuffa take over)

...emphasized by the fact he wont fight at a different weight class unless its directly for the title....whats he fightened of? that he might not make it to the title as quick as he thinks?....thats a bold move to make when your not even the current holder of the belt...and failed twice against your deposer!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
You know the one really big positive thing BJ Penn has, that Urijah Faber lacks?

When you find out what it is...(a thing most fighters have)...you will understand why Urijah Faber missed his chance to move to a more legitamate level of greatness then he had in WEC...(please note...we are talking before the Zuffa take over)

...emphasized by the fact he wont fight at a different weight class unless its directly for the title....whats he fightened of? that he might not make it to the title as quick as he thinks?....thats a bold move to make when your not even the current holder of the belt...and failed twice against your deposer!
the thing about urijah is hes not even a big fw... He can make bw very easily. Him fighting top level lw's wouldnt really be fair to ask for him. Shows how talented he is that he dominated the fw class and gave tyson griffin who is wayyyy bigger a good fight.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
the thing about urijah is hes not even a big fw... .
No, but he's charged like a battery

In the interview I saw he said he wouldnt mind fighting at BW or LW...BUT he's only interested in superfights for the title. He said that recently...as in, this past week...as in...hang on mate, you dont have the FW Title back yet
Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I wasn't going to get this fight... but I caved in.. the card is just tooooooo good.

First 2 fights were good...

My picks..

Jose Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber
Ben Henderson Vs. Donald Cerrone
Mike Brown Vs. Manny Gamburyan
Anthony Njokuani Vs. Shane Roller
Antonio Banuelos Vs. Scott Jorgensen
Leonard Garcia Vs. Chan Sung Jung
Alex Karalexis Vs. Anthony Pettis