Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Bobby71

If it were 20 bucks I might buy it. But 45, 55 for hd, no thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I'm buying it as part of my birthday gift to Al Buck. We're hosting his birthday party and including the PPV. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have.
Can you do me a favour...when you watch it...can you tell me if Jens Pulver is any part of the commentary

thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
The last time I watched fights at a place other than house was when BJ Penn beat up Joe Stevenson. I went to a Hooters and watched it lived at 1pm. Since it was at 1pm there wasn't much of a crowd, so that was nice. I got a good seat near the big screen. But, in order to keep the table I had to buy a meal and a few beers. By the time the ppv was over, I had spent over 30 bucks, with the beers and the food and the tip. I had fun but for 20 bucks more I could have just stayed home and bought the ppv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I find that if I go out somewhere to watch the fights, I usually end up paying for food and end up shelling out an amount close to what I would have paid. So I'm with you...I'd rather stay home and watch or not see it at all. I hate skipping the WEC card but hey, I'll survive reading the results instead of watching them happen. If enough people decide to not buy the PPV, then they may take it back to Versus again and at least get the revenue from the commercials.

~Amy
I guess it's all about perspective because that's the exact reason why I always go out to watch the fights... For the same money as sitting at home and buying it I can get a free meal plus watch the fights!!!

Not to mention getting the meal served to me by a nice gal with a cute uniform. It's a win, win to me!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I guess it's all about perspective because that's the exact reason why I always go out to watch the fights... For the same money as sitting at home and buying it I can get a free meal plus watch the fights!!!

Not to mention getting the meal served to me by a nice gal with a cute uniform. It's a win, win to me!
The view is better at my house, plus there is no "kick his ass c-bass" or "get up homos" when the fights go to the ground at my house. Oh, and no "I could kick his ass!"
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Chuck

Quote:
The view is better at my house, plus there is no "kick his ass c-bass" or "get up homos" when the fights go to the ground at my house. Oh, and no "I could kick his ass!"
Actually I've never heard anything like that from the crowd where I watch fights... that's pretty lame if you have to put up with it though...
Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

And if the fights are boring, I can go to sleep.

~Amy
Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
And if the fights are boring, I can go to sleep.

~Amy
Like you've never slept in a bar before.....
Old 04-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Like you've never slept in a bar before.....

Nope, never, not one time. I actually don't go to a bar to watch the fights. I go to a sports bar and grill called Champs which has great food and like 10 million tvs. We go there a lot during playoffs and watch several games at once while we eat. That's fun. I'm not really a "bar" kind of girl.

~Amy